NSSGA names Michael W. Johnson as president, CEO
The National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association (NSSGA) has named veteran trade association executive Michael W. Johnson as president and CEO. His position is effective August 1.
Johnson succeeds R. A. “Gus” Edwards, III, who is retiring after more than 16 years with NSSGA.
Johnson currently serves as executive vice president and chief advocacy officer of the National Beer Wholesalers Association (NBWA), which he joined in 2006.
Johnson previously spent nearly five years with the National Association of Home Builders and six years with the Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America. He began his careers with then-Senate Majority Whip Wendell H. Ford (D-KY).
Johnson has been recognized for his advocacy, communication and relationship-building by Association TRENDS magazine, which named him a “Leading Association Lobbyist” in 2012 and a “Young and Aspiring Association Executive” in 2007.
He received his bachelor’s degree in political science and journalism from the University of Kentucky in Lexington.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule400 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines371 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks358 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)279 Views
- Cat backs up claims of fuel efficiency with a guarantee233 Views