NSSGA names Michael W. Johnson as president, CEO
The National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association (NSSGA) has named veteran trade association executive Michael W. Johnson as president and CEO. His position is effective August 1.
Johnson succeeds R. A. “Gus” Edwards, III, who is retiring after more than 16 years with NSSGA.
Johnson currently serves as executive vice president and chief advocacy officer of the National Beer Wholesalers Association (NBWA), which he joined in 2006.
Johnson previously spent nearly five years with the National Association of Home Builders and six years with the Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America. He began his careers with then-Senate Majority Whip Wendell H. Ford (D-KY).
Johnson has been recognized for his advocacy, communication and relationship-building by Association TRENDS magazine, which named him a “Leading Association Lobbyist” in 2012 and a “Young and Aspiring Association Executive” in 2007.
He received his bachelor’s degree in political science and journalism from the University of Kentucky in Lexington.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151548 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151005 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1003 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production626 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone386 Views