NSSGA names Michael W. Johnson as president, CEO
The National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association (NSSGA) has named veteran trade association executive Michael W. Johnson as president and CEO. His position is effective August 1.
Johnson succeeds R. A. “Gus” Edwards, III, who is retiring after more than 16 years with NSSGA.
Johnson currently serves as executive vice president and chief advocacy officer of the National Beer Wholesalers Association (NBWA), which he joined in 2006.
Johnson previously spent nearly five years with the National Association of Home Builders and six years with the Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America. He began his careers with then-Senate Majority Whip Wendell H. Ford (D-KY).
Johnson has been recognized for his advocacy, communication and relationship-building by Association TRENDS magazine, which named him a “Leading Association Lobbyist” in 2012 and a “Young and Aspiring Association Executive” in 2007.
He received his bachelor’s degree in political science and journalism from the University of Kentucky in Lexington.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry745 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets540 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either280 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year256 Views
- A. Colarusso and Son acquires Holcim land in NY135 Views