NSSGA names Michael W. Johnson as president, CEO
The National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association (NSSGA) has named veteran trade association executive Michael W. Johnson as president and CEO. His position is effective August 1.
Johnson succeeds R. A. “Gus” Edwards, III, who is retiring after more than 16 years with NSSGA.
Johnson currently serves as executive vice president and chief advocacy officer of the National Beer Wholesalers Association (NBWA), which he joined in 2006.
Johnson previously spent nearly five years with the National Association of Home Builders and six years with the Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America. He began his careers with then-Senate Majority Whip Wendell H. Ford (D-KY).
Johnson has been recognized for his advocacy, communication and relationship-building by Association TRENDS magazine, which named him a “Leading Association Lobbyist” in 2012 and a “Young and Aspiring Association Executive” in 2007.
He received his bachelor’s degree in political science and journalism from the University of Kentucky in Lexington.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world313 Views
- Historical aggregate landmark disappears into Lake Superior219 Views
- Can John Oliver's stand on U.S. infrastructure do for highway funding what “Last Week Tonight” did for net neutrality? (VIDEO)159 Views
- Caterpillar “Built For It” Trials video: Cat generator powers Lantern Festival in China’s Yuhu Village149 Views
- Telsmith sponsors white paper on permitting141 Views