NSSGA names Michael W. Johnson as president, CEO
The National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association (NSSGA) has named veteran trade association executive Michael W. Johnson as president and CEO. His position is effective August 1.
Johnson succeeds R. A. “Gus” Edwards, III, who is retiring after more than 16 years with NSSGA.
Johnson currently serves as executive vice president and chief advocacy officer of the National Beer Wholesalers Association (NBWA), which he joined in 2006.
Johnson previously spent nearly five years with the National Association of Home Builders and six years with the Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America. He began his careers with then-Senate Majority Whip Wendell H. Ford (D-KY).
Johnson has been recognized for his advocacy, communication and relationship-building by Association TRENDS magazine, which named him a “Leading Association Lobbyist” in 2012 and a “Young and Aspiring Association Executive” in 2007.
He received his bachelor’s degree in political science and journalism from the University of Kentucky in Lexington.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs599 Views
- Caterpillar lays off hundreds more, announces plant closing in North Carolina365 Views
- Cat 6015B hydraulic shovel offers increased power, more loading capacity341 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries263 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law216 Views