NSSGA schedules ‘Floor It! Jam the Switchboards’ for March 14
The National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association (NSSGA) has scheduled its next “Floor It!” “Jam The Switchboards” day for Wed., Mar. 14, between 11 a.m. – Noon EDT timed to coincide with the end of the Closing General Session of NSSGA’s annual convention in Charlotte.
Members of Congress are moving forward with their work on reauthorizing the surface transportation program, but at this rate it will be a close call as to whether they can pass a new multi-year highway bill before the current extension expires on March 31.
Call your members of Congress and tell them America can’t wait any longer for a new highway bill! We need you to weigh in and make the drumbeat for reauthorization so loud that members of Congress have to act.
Call the U.S. Capitol switchboard using NSSGA’s Washington Action Hotline at (866) 255-3207 and ask to be connected to your members of Congress.
Don’t forget to provide NSSGA’s Government Affairs Division with feedback on your activities as we are now tallying points for NSSGA’s 2012 grassroots activist awards! The 2011 recognition awards will be presented at NSSGA’s annual convention in Charlotte, NC two weeks from now. Each award recipient will also receive $1,000! To learn more about NSSGA’s Aggregates In Action “Growing Forward” grassroots program and how to earn activity points, please check out our brochure here. Remember, if you don’t tell us what you’re doing, we can’t give you the credit you deserve!
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151551 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151013 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1007 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production639 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone391 Views