NSSGA Webinar on NIOSH dust control recommendations
A National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association (NSSGA) webinar, to be presented by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), will deliver practical information on techniques for controlling worker exposure to dust in the aggregates industry. The hour-long presentation set for 2:00 p.m., EDT on Thursday, Nov. 19, will address such topics as:
- Improving the air quality inside enclosed cabs on mobile mining equipment;
- Lowering dust generated during the primary dumping process (dumping into the primary crusher);
- New method to lower respirable dust exposures to workers by quickly cleaning dust-laden work clothing; and
- Cost-effective total structure ventilation system significantly reducing respirable dust throughout an entire facility.
Presenting will be Andrew Cecala, a NIOSH senior research engineer, who has nearly three decades of experience in research on safety and health issues. A recipient of a Master of Business Administration degree, Cecala earned an undergraduate degree in mine engineering from West Virginia University.
The cost to NSSGA members is just $50, for non-members: $75. To register, go to www.nssga.org/commerce/Controls_for_Dust_Exposure_Webinar_1109_regform.cfm.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Man hit by front-end loader dies in quarry accident1307 Views
- PHOTOS: Rare prehistoric mammoth found at sand and gravel pit1045 Views
- What should be done with this big pile of sand?700 Views
- Watch this: Dredging at Teichert's Hallwood Plant537 Views
- North America sand market to see big growth494 Views