NSSGA Webinar on NIOSH dust control recommendations
A National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association (NSSGA) webinar, to be presented by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), will deliver practical information on techniques for controlling worker exposure to dust in the aggregates industry. The hour-long presentation set for 2:00 p.m., EDT on Thursday, Nov. 19, will address such topics as:
- Improving the air quality inside enclosed cabs on mobile mining equipment;
- Lowering dust generated during the primary dumping process (dumping into the primary crusher);
- New method to lower respirable dust exposures to workers by quickly cleaning dust-laden work clothing; and
- Cost-effective total structure ventilation system significantly reducing respirable dust throughout an entire facility.
Presenting will be Andrew Cecala, a NIOSH senior research engineer, who has nearly three decades of experience in research on safety and health issues. A recipient of a Master of Business Administration degree, Cecala earned an undergraduate degree in mine engineering from West Virginia University.
The cost to NSSGA members is just $50, for non-members: $75. To register, go to www.nssga.org/commerce/Controls_for_Dust_Exposure_Webinar_1109_regform.cfm.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two miners killed after rock strikes boom truck910 Views
- Gamecocks get the win over Vulcan in battle for land588 Views
- How much fun can you handle? Quarry Quest 2014 Photos523 Views
- Rock quarry working through the night for Boeing 777X361 Views
- Sand pit employee life-flighted to hospital after hit-and-run at work188 Views