NSSGA Webinar on NIOSH dust control recommendations
A National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association (NSSGA) webinar, to be presented by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), will deliver practical information on techniques for controlling worker exposure to dust in the aggregates industry. The hour-long presentation set for 2:00 p.m., EDT on Thursday, Nov. 19, will address such topics as:
- Improving the air quality inside enclosed cabs on mobile mining equipment;
- Lowering dust generated during the primary dumping process (dumping into the primary crusher);
- New method to lower respirable dust exposures to workers by quickly cleaning dust-laden work clothing; and
- Cost-effective total structure ventilation system significantly reducing respirable dust throughout an entire facility.
Presenting will be Andrew Cecala, a NIOSH senior research engineer, who has nearly three decades of experience in research on safety and health issues. A recipient of a Master of Business Administration degree, Cecala earned an undergraduate degree in mine engineering from West Virginia University.
The cost to NSSGA members is just $50, for non-members: $75. To register, go to www.nssga.org/commerce/Controls_for_Dust_Exposure_Webinar_1109_regform.cfm.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry740 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets552 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year311 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either280 Views
- A. Colarusso and Son acquires Holcim land in NY137 Views