NSSGA Webinar on NIOSH dust control recommendations
A National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association (NSSGA) webinar, to be presented by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), will deliver practical information on techniques for controlling worker exposure to dust in the aggregates industry. The hour-long presentation set for 2:00 p.m., EDT on Thursday, Nov. 19, will address such topics as:
- Improving the air quality inside enclosed cabs on mobile mining equipment;
- Lowering dust generated during the primary dumping process (dumping into the primary crusher);
- New method to lower respirable dust exposures to workers by quickly cleaning dust-laden work clothing; and
- Cost-effective total structure ventilation system significantly reducing respirable dust throughout an entire facility.
Presenting will be Andrew Cecala, a NIOSH senior research engineer, who has nearly three decades of experience in research on safety and health issues. A recipient of a Master of Business Administration degree, Cecala earned an undergraduate degree in mine engineering from West Virginia University.
The cost to NSSGA members is just $50, for non-members: $75. To register, go to www.nssga.org/commerce/Controls_for_Dust_Exposure_Webinar_1109_regform.cfm.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand saves a construction worker's life502 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers345 Views
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 298 Views
- Mine pollution hurting fish habitats across America238 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts163 Views