NSSGA zoning and permitting webinar, Sept. 17
The National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association will host a zoning and permitting webinar — How to be Successful with Zoning and Permitting an Aggregate: Strategies and Techniques for Successful Rezoning and Permitting under Community Land Use Regulations — in September to help aggregates operations address county and municipal land use and zoning regulations.
Date — Thursday, Sept. 17, 2 p.m. (EDT)
Presenter — Joseph McGuire, Ph.D., Environmental Manager, Cessford Construction Co., a division of Oldcastle Materials Group Midwest, Inc.; Professor, Iowa State University.
Dr. McGuire will outline a process that will assist an applicant in working through zoning review and approval with government agencies, adjacent land owners, and residents. Understanding this process is essential to an aggregate producer’s success. His manual “How to be Successful with Zoning and Permitting: Aggregate Mining,” co-authored with Les Beck and Dr. Norman L. Dietrich, will serve as a useful guide during the presentation. It is available for free at http://www.nssga.org/communications/Zoning_and_Permitting_Manual_v_2009.pdf .
To register for the webinar, go to https://www.nssga.org/commerce/Zoning_and_Permitting_Webinar_0909_regform.cfm.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest374 Views
- MSHA gives out $8.4 million to 47 states for mine safety and health training331 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?321 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company312 Views
- Tips for meeting MSHA's tougher criteria for workplace examinations296 Views