NSSGA zoning and permitting webinar, Sept. 17
The National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association will host a zoning and permitting webinar — How to be Successful with Zoning and Permitting an Aggregate: Strategies and Techniques for Successful Rezoning and Permitting under Community Land Use Regulations — in September to help aggregates operations address county and municipal land use and zoning regulations.
Date — Thursday, Sept. 17, 2 p.m. (EDT)
Presenter — Joseph McGuire, Ph.D., Environmental Manager, Cessford Construction Co., a division of Oldcastle Materials Group Midwest, Inc.; Professor, Iowa State University.
Dr. McGuire will outline a process that will assist an applicant in working through zoning review and approval with government agencies, adjacent land owners, and residents. Understanding this process is essential to an aggregate producer’s success. His manual “How to be Successful with Zoning and Permitting: Aggregate Mining,” co-authored with Les Beck and Dr. Norman L. Dietrich, will serve as a useful guide during the presentation. It is available for free at http://www.nssga.org/communications/Zoning_and_Permitting_Manual_v_2009.pdf .
To register for the webinar, go to https://www.nssga.org/commerce/Zoning_and_Permitting_Webinar_0909_regform.cfm.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1159 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge1035 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program584 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas351 Views
- Senate DRIVE Act is a six-year transportation bill with three-year Highway Trust Fund financing guarantee289 Views