NSSGA zoning and permitting webinar, Sept. 17
The National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association will host a zoning and permitting webinar — How to be Successful with Zoning and Permitting an Aggregate: Strategies and Techniques for Successful Rezoning and Permitting under Community Land Use Regulations — in September to help aggregates operations address county and municipal land use and zoning regulations.
Date — Thursday, Sept. 17, 2 p.m. (EDT)
Presenter — Joseph McGuire, Ph.D., Environmental Manager, Cessford Construction Co., a division of Oldcastle Materials Group Midwest, Inc.; Professor, Iowa State University.
Dr. McGuire will outline a process that will assist an applicant in working through zoning review and approval with government agencies, adjacent land owners, and residents. Understanding this process is essential to an aggregate producer’s success. His manual “How to be Successful with Zoning and Permitting: Aggregate Mining,” co-authored with Les Beck and Dr. Norman L. Dietrich, will serve as a useful guide during the presentation. It is available for free at http://www.nssga.org/communications/Zoning_and_Permitting_Manual_v_2009.pdf .
To register for the webinar, go to https://www.nssga.org/commerce/Zoning_and_Permitting_Webinar_0909_regform.cfm.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers293 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission173 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger141 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park139 Views