NSSGA zoning and permitting webinar, Sept. 17
The National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association will host a zoning and permitting webinar — How to be Successful with Zoning and Permitting an Aggregate: Strategies and Techniques for Successful Rezoning and Permitting under Community Land Use Regulations — in September to help aggregates operations address county and municipal land use and zoning regulations.
Date — Thursday, Sept. 17, 2 p.m. (EDT)
Presenter — Joseph McGuire, Ph.D., Environmental Manager, Cessford Construction Co., a division of Oldcastle Materials Group Midwest, Inc.; Professor, Iowa State University.
Dr. McGuire will outline a process that will assist an applicant in working through zoning review and approval with government agencies, adjacent land owners, and residents. Understanding this process is essential to an aggregate producer’s success. His manual “How to be Successful with Zoning and Permitting: Aggregate Mining,” co-authored with Les Beck and Dr. Norman L. Dietrich, will serve as a useful guide during the presentation. It is available for free at http://www.nssga.org/communications/Zoning_and_Permitting_Manual_v_2009.pdf .
To register for the webinar, go to https://www.nssga.org/commerce/Zoning_and_Permitting_Webinar_0909_regform.cfm.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151551 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151013 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1007 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production639 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone391 Views