NSSGA zoning and permitting webinar, Sept. 17
The National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association will host a zoning and permitting webinar — How to be Successful with Zoning and Permitting an Aggregate: Strategies and Techniques for Successful Rezoning and Permitting under Community Land Use Regulations — in September to help aggregates operations address county and municipal land use and zoning regulations.
Date — Thursday, Sept. 17, 2 p.m. (EDT)
Presenter — Joseph McGuire, Ph.D., Environmental Manager, Cessford Construction Co., a division of Oldcastle Materials Group Midwest, Inc.; Professor, Iowa State University.
Dr. McGuire will outline a process that will assist an applicant in working through zoning review and approval with government agencies, adjacent land owners, and residents. Understanding this process is essential to an aggregate producer’s success. His manual “How to be Successful with Zoning and Permitting: Aggregate Mining,” co-authored with Les Beck and Dr. Norman L. Dietrich, will serve as a useful guide during the presentation. It is available for free at http://www.nssga.org/communications/Zoning_and_Permitting_Manual_v_2009.pdf .
To register for the webinar, go to https://www.nssga.org/commerce/Zoning_and_Permitting_Webinar_0909_regform.cfm.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA issues citations to five metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in February442 Views
- Holcim shareholders threaten merger plans with Lafarge…again315 Views
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car210 Views
- Caterpillar intros 735C, 740C EJ, 745C articulated trucks with bevy of powertrain improvements (PHOTOS)189 Views
- The global competition for sand is a deadly war in India155 Views