Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure approvals
President Obama signed a Presidential Memorandum on May 17 that will likely decrease review and approval times for major infrastructure projects, our sister site, Better Roads, reported.
The memorandum, “Modernizing Federal Infrastructure Review and Permitting Regulations, Policies, and Procedures,” follows an Executive Order, signed on March 22, that launched a government-wide initiative aimed at expediting the federal review and permitting of infrastructure projects.
The memorandum and executive order are part of the president’s “modernization effort,” meant to grow the economy, accelerate job creation and improve U.S. competitiveness through the nation’s infrastructure.
To read the full memorandum, click here.
For more information about the modernization effort, check out the full story at BetterRoads.com.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers428 Views
- McLanahan Rolls Out Four Key Products226 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award198 Views
- MSHA Assistant Secretary of Labor Main updates NSSGA on recent agency actions194 Views
- NSSGA debuts its new strategic plan172 Views