Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure approvals
President Obama signed a Presidential Memorandum on May 17 that will likely decrease review and approval times for major infrastructure projects, our sister site, Better Roads, reported.
The memorandum, “Modernizing Federal Infrastructure Review and Permitting Regulations, Policies, and Procedures,” follows an Executive Order, signed on March 22, that launched a government-wide initiative aimed at expediting the federal review and permitting of infrastructure projects.
The memorandum and executive order are part of the president’s “modernization effort,” meant to grow the economy, accelerate job creation and improve U.S. competitiveness through the nation’s infrastructure.
To read the full memorandum, click here.
For more information about the modernization effort, check out the full story at BetterRoads.com.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability542 Views
- Owner of rock quarry defends himself against park357 Views
- Video: Behind the scenes with Lego Technic's wheel loader R&D288 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 273 Views
- Founder of Florida Crushed Stone dies185 Views