Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure approvals
President Obama signed a Presidential Memorandum on May 17 that will likely decrease review and approval times for major infrastructure projects, our sister site, Better Roads, reported.
The memorandum, “Modernizing Federal Infrastructure Review and Permitting Regulations, Policies, and Procedures,” follows an Executive Order, signed on March 22, that launched a government-wide initiative aimed at expediting the federal review and permitting of infrastructure projects.
The memorandum and executive order are part of the president’s “modernization effort,” meant to grow the economy, accelerate job creation and improve U.S. competitiveness through the nation’s infrastructure.
To read the full memorandum, click here.
For more information about the modernization effort, check out the full story at BetterRoads.com.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success625 Views
- Aggregates industry leader Bob Bartlett dies479 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting459 Views
- Miner seriously injured after articulated haul truck overturned401 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone245 Views