Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure approvals
President Obama signed a Presidential Memorandum on May 17 that will likely decrease review and approval times for major infrastructure projects, our sister site, Better Roads, reported.
The memorandum, “Modernizing Federal Infrastructure Review and Permitting Regulations, Policies, and Procedures,” follows an Executive Order, signed on March 22, that launched a government-wide initiative aimed at expediting the federal review and permitting of infrastructure projects.
The memorandum and executive order are part of the president’s “modernization effort,” meant to grow the economy, accelerate job creation and improve U.S. competitiveness through the nation’s infrastructure.
To read the full memorandum, click here.
For more information about the modernization effort, check out the full story at BetterRoads.com.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability671 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure545 Views
- Rocker Bob Seger rips Wisconsin mine plan in new song [Audio]520 Views
- 20-year-old killed at sand and gravel mill404 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 261 Views