Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure approvals
President Obama signed a Presidential Memorandum on May 17 that will likely decrease review and approval times for major infrastructure projects, our sister site, Better Roads, reported.
The memorandum, “Modernizing Federal Infrastructure Review and Permitting Regulations, Policies, and Procedures,” follows an Executive Order, signed on March 22, that launched a government-wide initiative aimed at expediting the federal review and permitting of infrastructure projects.
The memorandum and executive order are part of the president’s “modernization effort,” meant to grow the economy, accelerate job creation and improve U.S. competitiveness through the nation’s infrastructure.
To read the full memorandum, click here.
For more information about the modernization effort, check out the full story at BetterRoads.com.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs717 Views
- Kelly Bailey named 2015 AggMan of the Year463 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries327 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs216 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding169 Views