Obama signs WRRDA into law; Legislation marks first water reauthorization in 7 years
President Barack Obama signed the $12.3 billion Water Resources Reform and Development Act (WRRDA) into law on Tuesday, marking the first water projects reauthorization in seven years, Politico reports.
The legislation cuts $18 billion in projects deemed outdated by the Army Corps of Engineers and authorizes funding for port projects in Jacksonville, Fla.; Savannah, Ga.; and Boston, Mass.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Rock & Run 2014 was full of fun for everyone621 Views
- Mine expansion leaving MnDOT up a creek without a paddle425 Views
- How to stay safe while working with a small or short-handed crew179 Views
- Majority of construction firms can't find skilled workers130 Views
- Sand thieves targeting the world's beaches110 Views