Obama signs WRRDA into law; Legislation marks first water reauthorization in 7 years
President Barack Obama signed the $12.3 billion Water Resources Reform and Development Act (WRRDA) into law on Tuesday, marking the first water projects reauthorization in seven years, Politico reports.
The legislation cuts $18 billion in projects deemed outdated by the Army Corps of Engineers and authorizes funding for port projects in Jacksonville, Fla.; Savannah, Ga.; and Boston, Mass.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Osama bin Laden's family buys famous marble quarry1860 Views
- Four workers survive getting buried alive at sand and gravel plant1142 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up436 Views
- VIDEO: Excavator water skiing the best way to cool off, get hurt in a mudhole326 Views
- Human remains found in Michigan quarry298 Views