Obama signs WRRDA into law; Legislation marks first water reauthorization in 7 years
President Barack Obama signed the $12.3 billion Water Resources Reform and Development Act (WRRDA) into law on Tuesday, marking the first water projects reauthorization in seven years, Politico reports.
The legislation cuts $18 billion in projects deemed outdated by the Army Corps of Engineers and authorizes funding for port projects in Jacksonville, Fla.; Savannah, Ga.; and Boston, Mass.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Kelly Bailey named 2015 AggMan of the Year439 Views
- Hillary Clinton rolls out new $275 billion infrastructure plan335 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries327 Views
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs194 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding166 Views