Obama’s proposed 2014 budget includes $50 billion for infrastructure investment
On April 10, President Barack Obama presented Congress with his 2014 fiscal year budget plan. The $3.8 trillion budget plan includes $50 billion for infrastructure investment, our sister site, Better Roads, reported.
The $50 billion for infrastructure investments includes $40 billion for a “Fix It First” effort that will provide “immediate money” to repair highways, bridges, transit systems and airports in the United States.
The budget also includes an earmark for funding for high-speed rail projects.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program616 Views
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana415 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas411 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents296 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials244 Views