Oberstar ousted, Chip Cravaack takes over
It looks like it’s out with the old and in with the new.
After serving eighteen terms, House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chairman Sen. James “Jim” Oberstar (D-Minn.) has lost to Republican Chip Cravaack.
Oberstar lost by just more than 4,000 votes, according to a Politico.com report.
Oberstar becomes the third chairman to be ousted from office, joining Budget Committee Chairman John Spratt of South Carolina and Armed Services Committee Chairman Ike Skelton of Missouri, Politico.com reports.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person1042 Views
- EPA releases final Waters of the U.S. rule, aggregates industry reacts358 Views
- Vulcan Materials conducts blast for the 'Mayan steps' restoration337 Views
- Man dies after nearly 100-foot fall into quarry303 Views
- Lafarge announces rural road solution as a low-cost alternative to asphalt189 Views