Oberstar ousted, Chip Cravaack takes over
It looks like it’s out with the old and in with the new.
After serving eighteen terms, House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chairman Sen. James “Jim” Oberstar (D-Minn.) has lost to Republican Chip Cravaack.
Oberstar lost by just more than 4,000 votes, according to a Politico.com report.
Oberstar becomes the third chairman to be ousted from office, joining Budget Committee Chairman John Spratt of South Carolina and Armed Services Committee Chairman Ike Skelton of Missouri, Politico.com reports.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success630 Views
- Miner seriously injured after articulated haul truck overturned506 Views
- Aggregates industry leader Bob Bartlett dies497 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting460 Views
- LafargeHolcim is considering selling Lafarge India280 Views