Oberstar ousted, Chip Cravaack takes over
It looks like it’s out with the old and in with the new.
After serving eighteen terms, House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chairman Sen. James “Jim” Oberstar (D-Minn.) has lost to Republican Chip Cravaack.
Oberstar lost by just more than 4,000 votes, according to a Politico.com report.
Oberstar becomes the third chairman to be ousted from office, joining Budget Committee Chairman John Spratt of South Carolina and Armed Services Committee Chairman Ike Skelton of Missouri, Politico.com reports.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- 20-year-old killed at sand and gravel mill875 Views
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability628 Views
- Rocker Bob Seger rips Wisconsin mine plan in new song [Audio]566 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure562 Views
- Sand thieves targeting the world's beaches330 Views