Oberstar ousted, Chip Cravaack takes over
It looks like it’s out with the old and in with the new.
After serving eighteen terms, House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chairman Sen. James “Jim” Oberstar (D-Minn.) has lost to Republican Chip Cravaack.
Oberstar lost by just more than 4,000 votes, according to a Politico.com report.
Oberstar becomes the third chairman to be ousted from office, joining Budget Committee Chairman John Spratt of South Carolina and Armed Services Committee Chairman Ike Skelton of Missouri, Politico.com reports.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry633 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter414 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company387 Views
- MSHA issues 87 citations at six metal/nonmetal mines during July impact inspections260 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction224 Views