Oberstar ousted, Chip Cravaack takes over
It looks like it’s out with the old and in with the new.
After serving eighteen terms, House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chairman Sen. James “Jim” Oberstar (D-Minn.) has lost to Republican Chip Cravaack.
Oberstar lost by just more than 4,000 votes, according to a Politico.com report.
Oberstar becomes the third chairman to be ousted from office, joining Budget Committee Chairman John Spratt of South Carolina and Armed Services Committee Chairman Ike Skelton of Missouri, Politico.com reports.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs701 Views
- Caterpillar lays off hundreds more, announces plant closing in North Carolina365 Views
- Cat 6015B hydraulic shovel offers increased power, more loading capacity341 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries264 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law216 Views