CA Transportation Commission allocates nearly $140 million
Transportation projects throughout Orange County received an added boost last week when the California Transportation Commission allocated nearly $140 million to fund construction.
The projects awarded are part of the State Transportation Improvement Program and voter-approved Proposition 1B, a $20 billion bond program to fund transportation projects throughout the state.
“We have been working hard to deliver these improvements, and this money will provide the needed boost to move the projects into construction,” said Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) Chair Pat Bates, also the Fifth District supervisor. “This is great news for the residents of Orange County and we look forward to breaking ground on these projects in the near future.”
The commission allocated the money as a result of state bond sales last month. OCTA projects that received funding include the following:
- $69 million for a new lane on the Riverside Freeway (SR-91) between the Costa Mesa Freeway (SR-55) and Weir Canyon Road.
- $29.2 million for construction of the Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodal Center.
- $22.6 million for the Kraemer Boulevard railroad grade separation.
- $15 million for the Placentia Avenue railroad grade separation.
- $2 million for highway/rail crossing improvements in San Clemente and Dana Point.
- $1 million for signal synchronization.
Since its passage in 2006, more than $7 billion in Prop 1B funds has been allocated, including more than $420 million for Orange County projects.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1595 Views
- Hamm, Inc. receives reclamation award344 Views
- Brad Powell named IMAA 2014 “Miner of the Year”262 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention171 Views
- Minnesota county considers a frac-sand mining ban126 Views