October 2008 – RollOuts
Volvo unveiled its L220F Hybrid last March, projecting fuel savings of up to 10 percent depending on application. Further product development has improved fuel usage even more – in particular, an integrated starter generator that allows the engine to switch off when the machine is motionless and instantly switch on when the engine is needed. Volvo expects to begin deliveries of the L22F Hybrid late next year.
Indeco is replacing its UP-series breaker line with the new HP series, which boasts increased hydraulic efficiency across the line. The company has also introduced innovations specific to each size class, including a slimmer, lighter casing for mini breakers.
Atlas Copco has completed its line of medium-duty hydraulic breakers with the introduction of the 3,310-pound MB 1500. Suitable for carriers in the 17-29 metric ton weight class, the new model has fewer moving parts than previous generations and a control system that automatically adapts blow frequency and power output to operating conditions.
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve519 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry256 Views
- Vulcan-blocking bill dies in Alabama legislature250 Views
- Road restrictions may stop quarry construction in Kentucky213 Views
- Two suspects charged with arson in Jack’s Mountain Quarry case in Virginia127 Views