October Jobs Report: Hiring weak, unemployment high
The jobs report for October is expected to show hiring weak and unemployment still high, and the outlook for 2011 is still pretty bleak, according to a report from the Associated Press (AP).
Economists expect the U.S.Department of Labor to report that employers added about 60,000 jobs in October, fewer than the 100,000 needed to keep pace with population growth — and far fewer than the 200,000 needed to start returning the 15 million unemployed Americans to work, the AP says in its report.
As a result, the unemployment rate is expected to remain 9.6 percent for a third straight month, according to the AP.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability537 Views
- The Internet may take over abandoned mines494 Views
- Owner of rock quarry defends himself against park347 Views
- Video: Behind the scenes with Lego Technic's wheel loader R&D291 Views
- 80-thousand pounds of sand and gravel dumped on highway266 Views