October Jobs Report: Hiring weak, unemployment high
The jobs report for October is expected to show hiring weak and unemployment still high, and the outlook for 2011 is still pretty bleak, according to a report from the Associated Press (AP).
Economists expect the U.S.Department of Labor to report that employers added about 60,000 jobs in October, fewer than the 100,000 needed to keep pace with population growth — and far fewer than the 200,000 needed to start returning the 15 million unemployed Americans to work, the AP says in its report.
As a result, the unemployment rate is expected to remain 9.6 percent for a third straight month, according to the AP.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Osama bin Laden's family buys famous marble quarry1842 Views
- Four workers survive getting buried alive at sand and gravel plant1154 Views
- Federal judge forces MSHA inspection605 Views
- 15 quarry trespassers arrested in Pennsylvania435 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up428 Views