Off-road equipment manufacturers talk with Gov. Romney on strengthening the economy and exports
The Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) and leaders of four equipment manufacturing companies today joined former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney (R) at a manufacturing plant in Pataskala, Ohio, to discuss ways to strengthen U.S. manufacturing in the global marketplace.
AEM member company business leaders from Ohio and Iowa shared their perspectives with Gov. Romney about the need for new manufacturing policies that would rebuild deteriorating roads, bridges and highways and help American manufacturers and farmers export their products to new and expanded markets around the world.
Gov. Romney spoke to employees at Screen Machine Industries (SMI),a member of AEM and participates in the I Make America campaign to support manufacturing jobs.
In its effort to support America’s manufacturing sector, AEM launched a national grassroots campaign in 2010 called I Make America to give a voice to the men and women across the nation who work in manufacturing and agriculture. Thousands of people across the country have signed up to support this campaign, recognizing that infrastructure investment and export-friendly policies are two fundamental ways to generate economic growth and create jobs.
AEM member company leaders who participated with AEM in the discussion with Gov. Romney included:
- Steve Cohen, president, Screen Machine Industries, Inc., Pataskala, Ohio – www.screenmachine.com
- Dave Burdakin, president and CEO, Paladin, Cedar Rapids, Iowa and Akron, Ohio – www.paladinbrands.com
- Mike Haberman, president, Gradall Industries Inc., New Philadelphia, Ohio – www.gradall.com
- Ed Turner, president and CEO, Allied Construction Products LLC, Cleveland, Ohio – www.alliedcp.com
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2382 Views
- Quarry blast leaves huge holes in nearby home724 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...568 Views
- How to become a more productive worker311 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies309 Views