Officials identify victim in Fred Weber Quarry industrial accident
Officials have identified the victim in an industrial accident at the Fred Weber Quarry in Maryland Heights, Missouri, as William Sievert, KMOV reported.
Sievert died Wednesday when he was buried under several tons of rock during a routine rock blasting operation. Pattonville Fire Department officials say the accident happened around 4 p.m. on Wednesday at the Fred Weber Quarry located at 2320 Creve Coeur Mills Road.
Fred Weber officials say Sievert had worked with the company for 24 years.
Pattonville fire crews continued to investigate at least until late Wednesday night. The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) has since been notified, and Fred Weber plans to fully cooperate with MSHA’s investigation.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources440 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities404 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger400 Views
- Loader operator dies after sand avalanche at Massachusetts sand and gravel company385 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register371 Views