Officials identify victim in Fred Weber Quarry industrial accident
Officials have identified the victim in an industrial accident at the Fred Weber Quarry in Maryland Heights, Missouri, as William Sievert, KMOV reported.
Sievert died Wednesday when he was buried under several tons of rock during a routine rock blasting operation. Pattonville Fire Department officials say the accident happened around 4 p.m. on Wednesday at the Fred Weber Quarry located at 2320 Creve Coeur Mills Road.
Fred Weber officials say Sievert had worked with the company for 24 years.
Pattonville fire crews continued to investigate at least until late Wednesday night. The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) has since been notified, and Fred Weber plans to fully cooperate with MSHA’s investigation.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Osama bin Laden's family buys famous marble quarry1836 Views
- Four workers survive getting buried alive at sand and gravel plant1151 Views
- Federal judge forces MSHA inspection602 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up418 Views
- 15 quarry trespassers arrested in Pennsylvania416 Views