Officials identify victim in Fred Weber Quarry industrial accident
Officials have identified the victim in an industrial accident at the Fred Weber Quarry in Maryland Heights, Missouri, as William Sievert, KMOV reported.
Sievert died Wednesday when he was buried under several tons of rock during a routine rock blasting operation. Pattonville Fire Department officials say the accident happened around 4 p.m. on Wednesday at the Fred Weber Quarry located at 2320 Creve Coeur Mills Road.
Fred Weber officials say Sievert had worked with the company for 24 years.
Pattonville fire crews continued to investigate at least until late Wednesday night. The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) has since been notified, and Fred Weber plans to fully cooperate with MSHA’s investigation.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success625 Views
- Aggregates industry leader Bob Bartlett dies479 Views
- Miner seriously injured after articulated haul truck overturned473 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting460 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone245 Views