Officials identify victim in Fred Weber Quarry industrial accident
Officials have identified the victim in an industrial accident at the Fred Weber Quarry in Maryland Heights, Missouri, as William Sievert, KMOV reported.
Sievert died Wednesday when he was buried under several tons of rock during a routine rock blasting operation. Pattonville Fire Department officials say the accident happened around 4 p.m. on Wednesday at the Fred Weber Quarry located at 2320 Creve Coeur Mills Road.
Fred Weber officials say Sievert had worked with the company for 24 years.
Pattonville fire crews continued to investigate at least until late Wednesday night. The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) has since been notified, and Fred Weber plans to fully cooperate with MSHA’s investigation.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Rock & Run 2014 was full of fun for everyone620 Views
- Mine expansion leaving MnDOT up a creek without a paddle427 Views
- How to stay safe while working with a small or short-handed crew182 Views
- Majority of construction firms can't find skilled workers131 Views
- The Underground World Wide Web: A new use for abandoned mines111 Views