O&G Industries to perform nighttime operations
One Connecticut quarry will soon begin nighttime operations.
The Woodbury Zoning Board of Appeals granted a variance that allows O&G Industries to operate at night at its Woodbury Quarry, the RepublicanAmerican reports.
The variance permits operation only for public projects between the hours of 7 p.m. and 6:30 a.m.
Conditions include engine brake restrictions, as well as requirements that loaders use strobe lights in place of audible backup alarms and that a log of complaint be submitted to the Land Use Office every three months.
This is the tenth consecutive year the ZBA has granted the variance. The current variance expires Dec. 31.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability674 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure541 Views
- Owner of rock quarry defends himself against park350 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 273 Views
- Officials wrongly closed frac sand mine238 Views