O&G Industries to perform nighttime operations
One Connecticut quarry will soon begin nighttime operations.
The Woodbury Zoning Board of Appeals granted a variance that allows O&G Industries to operate at night at its Woodbury Quarry, the RepublicanAmerican reports.
The variance permits operation only for public projects between the hours of 7 p.m. and 6:30 a.m.
Conditions include engine brake restrictions, as well as requirements that loaders use strobe lights in place of audible backup alarms and that a log of complaint be submitted to the Land Use Office every three months.
This is the tenth consecutive year the ZBA has granted the variance. The current variance expires Dec. 31.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA issues citations to five metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in February431 Views
- Holcim shareholders threaten merger plans with Lafarge…again272 Views
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car208 Views
- Caterpillar intros 735C, 740C EJ, 745C articulated trucks with bevy of powertrain improvements (PHOTOS)173 Views
- Senate rejects amendment seeking to fund infrastructure by closing corporate tax loophole152 Views