O&G Industries to perform nighttime operations
One Connecticut quarry will soon begin nighttime operations.
The Woodbury Zoning Board of Appeals granted a variance that allows O&G Industries to operate at night at its Woodbury Quarry, the RepublicanAmerican reports.
The variance permits operation only for public projects between the hours of 7 p.m. and 6:30 a.m.
Conditions include engine brake restrictions, as well as requirements that loaders use strobe lights in place of audible backup alarms and that a log of complaint be submitted to the Land Use Office every three months.
This is the tenth consecutive year the ZBA has granted the variance. The current variance expires Dec. 31.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA Alert: Lift Safety375 Views
- MSHA offers guidance on submitting corrective action programs196 Views
- Metal/nonmetal mining deaths rise by 27% in 2013169 Views
- Boston’s only quarry could start accepting contaminated construction fill132 Views
- Mining industry expected to lose 53% of skilled workers by 2029114 Views