O&G Industries to perform nighttime operations
One Connecticut quarry will soon begin nighttime operations.
The Woodbury Zoning Board of Appeals granted a variance that allows O&G Industries to operate at night at its Woodbury Quarry, the RepublicanAmerican reports.
The variance permits operation only for public projects between the hours of 7 p.m. and 6:30 a.m.
Conditions include engine brake restrictions, as well as requirements that loaders use strobe lights in place of audible backup alarms and that a log of complaint be submitted to the Land Use Office every three months.
This is the tenth consecutive year the ZBA has granted the variance. The current variance expires Dec. 31.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production752 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success624 Views
- Aggregates industry leader Bob Bartlett dies492 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting456 Views
- Miner seriously injured after articulated haul truck overturned417 Views