O&G Industries to perform nighttime operations
One Connecticut quarry will soon begin nighttime operations.
The Woodbury Zoning Board of Appeals granted a variance that allows O&G Industries to operate at night at its Woodbury Quarry, the RepublicanAmerican reports.
The variance permits operation only for public projects between the hours of 7 p.m. and 6:30 a.m.
Conditions include engine brake restrictions, as well as requirements that loaders use strobe lights in place of audible backup alarms and that a log of complaint be submitted to the Land Use Office every three months.
This is the tenth consecutive year the ZBA has granted the variance. The current variance expires Dec. 31.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher510 Views
- 10-year-old boy falls 30 feet into NY quarry389 Views
- Cat rolls out its 6020B hydraulic shovel, matches 777G haul trucks362 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident328 Views
- Cement shortage in Michigan may delay construction242 Views