VIDEO: Mining on the Pacific Rim
While there, she was able to see some of the differences between U.S. and Japanese aggregate operations.
This video shows an excavator loading haul trucks at the site.
Because of the steep nature of the mountainside mine, including its narrow benches, the mine uses excavators extensively throughout the operation. Note that OTR trucks carry small loads, typically 10 to 12 tons of material, so they can navigate the winding mountain roads leading to the quarry.
Watch the video below, then read the full feature article here.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)347 Views
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world300 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention198 Views
- Historical aggregate landmark disappears into Lake Superior172 Views
- Caterpillar “Built For It” Trials video: Cat generator powers Lantern Festival in China’s Yuhu Village147 Views