VIDEO: Mining on the Pacific Rim
While there, she was able to see some of the differences between U.S. and Japanese aggregate operations.
This video shows an excavator loading haul trucks at the site.
Because of the steep nature of the mountainside mine, including its narrow benches, the mine uses excavators extensively throughout the operation. Note that OTR trucks carry small loads, typically 10 to 12 tons of material, so they can navigate the winding mountain roads leading to the quarry.
Watch the video below, then read the full feature article here.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 895 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life494 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers292 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts167 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning154 Views