VIDEO: Mining on the Pacific Rim
While there, she was able to see some of the differences between U.S. and Japanese aggregate operations.
This video shows an excavator loading haul trucks at the site.
Because of the steep nature of the mountainside mine, including its narrow benches, the mine uses excavators extensively throughout the operation. Note that OTR trucks carry small loads, typically 10 to 12 tons of material, so they can navigate the winding mountain roads leading to the quarry.
Watch the video below, then read the full feature article here.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Osama bin Laden's family buys famous marble quarry1718 Views
- Four workers survive getting buried alive at sand and gravel plant1086 Views
- Federal judge forces MSHA inspection619 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up388 Views
- Wingra not allowed to mine beneath burial mounds365 Views