VIDEO: Mining on the Pacific Rim
While there, she was able to see some of the differences between U.S. and Japanese aggregate operations.
This video shows an excavator loading haul trucks at the site.
Because of the steep nature of the mountainside mine, including its narrow benches, the mine uses excavators extensively throughout the operation. Note that OTR trucks carry small loads, typically 10 to 12 tons of material, so they can navigate the winding mountain roads leading to the quarry.
Watch the video below, then read the full feature article here.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- 20-year-old killed at sand and gravel mill773 Views
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability688 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure559 Views
- Rocker Bob Seger rips Wisconsin mine plan in new song [Audio]553 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 263 Views