VIDEO: Mining on the Pacific Rim
While there, she was able to see some of the differences between U.S. and Japanese aggregate operations.
This video shows an excavator loading haul trucks at the site.
Because of the steep nature of the mountainside mine, including its narrow benches, the mine uses excavators extensively throughout the operation. Note that OTR trucks carry small loads, typically 10 to 12 tons of material, so they can navigate the winding mountain roads leading to the quarry.
Watch the video below, then read the full feature article here.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA Alert: Electrical Safety395 Views
- U.S. aggregates production rises in Q3 2013202 Views
- Komatsu's WA1200-6 wheel loader offers more horsepower, lower costs176 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Dust Control Technology’s DustBoss DB-100124 Views
- Five Holcim plants receive EPA Energy Star for energy efficiency119 Views