Ohio officer injured in chase of scrap-metal theft suspect
A Sheriff’s deputy in Athens County, Ohio, suffered an injury while chasing a suspect in a scrap-metal theft that occurred last week, according to The Athens News.
The Sheriff’s Facebook page notes that Lt. Steve Sedwick tore ligaments in his knee after he lost his footing in the chase. He was pursuing one of three suspects in the scrap metal theft.
The Facebook post reported that Sedwick and two other officers went to Cochran Transportation Service’s gravel pit after receiving a call about people stealing scrap metal.
When they arrived, the officers caught two teenage males, whose vehicle allegedly contained “a set of aluminum running boards from a Cochran’s dump truck, a power takeoff drive from a truck, two pulleys, a large metal pin from a bulldozer, a drive from a sand machine, and a grease pump.”
The estimated cost of replacement of the items is $3,000 to $4,000.
The third suspect ran and escaped.
The Athens News reported that as of Sunday, there had been no update on whether the escaped suspect had been apprehended.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support179 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park163 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger148 Views
- Missouri man arrested for burglary of quarry and gun range113 Views