Oldcastle division earns 2014 Argus Win-Win for work with Arkansas and Missouri Railroad
APAC Central, a division of Oldcastle Materials, has received the 2014 Win-Win Award from global energy and commodity price reporting agency Argus.
The award recognizes “innovation and co-operation in a sometimes adversarial relationship,” according to a press release announcing the award.
APAC Central and the Arkansas and Missouri Railroad earned the award for their partnership, which benefits both companies by enabling APAC Central to deliver product to previously inaccessible markets and by promoting direct rail service. The partnership is expected to double the volume of sand transported by rail car, bringing volume from 4,000 sand cars in 2008 to a projected 8,000 railcars of sand by the end of this year.
The two companies accepted the award at the North American Rail Shippers Association conference in San Francisco last week.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry740 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets539 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year259 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either248 Views
- More sand coming to Carlsbad beaches192 Views