Oldcastle division earns 2014 Argus Win-Win for work with Arkansas and Missouri Railroad
APAC Central, a division of Oldcastle Materials, has received the 2014 Win-Win Award from global energy and commodity price reporting agency Argus.
The award recognizes “innovation and co-operation in a sometimes adversarial relationship,” according to a press release announcing the award.
APAC Central and the Arkansas and Missouri Railroad earned the award for their partnership, which benefits both companies by enabling APAC Central to deliver product to previously inaccessible markets and by promoting direct rail service. The partnership is expected to double the volume of sand transported by rail car, bringing volume from 4,000 sand cars in 2008 to a projected 8,000 railcars of sand by the end of this year.
The two companies accepted the award at the North American Rail Shippers Association conference in San Francisco last week.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program618 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas416 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents302 Views
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana277 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials246 Views