Oldcastle division earns 2014 Argus Win-Win for work with Arkansas and Missouri Railroad
APAC Central, a division of Oldcastle Materials, has received the 2014 Win-Win Award from global energy and commodity price reporting agency Argus.
The award recognizes “innovation and co-operation in a sometimes adversarial relationship,” according to a press release announcing the award.
APAC Central and the Arkansas and Missouri Railroad earned the award for their partnership, which benefits both companies by enabling APAC Central to deliver product to previously inaccessible markets and by promoting direct rail service. The partnership is expected to double the volume of sand transported by rail car, bringing volume from 4,000 sand cars in 2008 to a projected 8,000 railcars of sand by the end of this year.
The two companies accepted the award at the North American Rail Shippers Association conference in San Francisco last week.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry340 Views
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers246 Views
- Kingsteps Quarry in Scotland will be examined for the remains of World War II planes214 Views
- Holcim and Lafarge nominate candidates for merged company’s board of directors198 Views
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar: Modern Earthmoving Marvels traces equipment evolution150 Views