Oldcastle joins SmartEquip Network
Oldcastle and SmartEquip have entered into an agreement that makes the aggregate producer part of the SmartEquip Network.
Using SmartEquip technology will provide Oldcastle with real-time product, parts, and service support for its equipment fleet, as well as procurement capabilities to automate electronic purchasing with its suppliers, according to Oldcastle.
“Joining the SmartEquip Network will provide us significant operational and transactional efficiencies, across the entire equipment lifecycle,” notes Ron Piccolo, Oldcastle’s vice president of strategic sourcing for equipment. “Oldcastle will use SmartEquip technology both to leverage our capabilities in shop efficiency and procurement, as well as to increase the operating efficiency of our fleet. Many of our suppliers are already participants on the network. We look forward to further increasing the vendor platform, and to the gains we will jointly receive from conducting business through this network.”
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher525 Views
- Cat rolls out its 6020B hydraulic shovel, matches 777G haul trucks360 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident343 Views
- Buffalo Crushed Stone cited for pollution172 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: A look at who’s in and who’s out in next Congress149 Views