Oldcastle joins SmartEquip Network
Oldcastle and SmartEquip have entered into an agreement that makes the aggregate producer part of the SmartEquip Network.
Using SmartEquip technology will provide Oldcastle with real-time product, parts, and service support for its equipment fleet, as well as procurement capabilities to automate electronic purchasing with its suppliers, according to Oldcastle.
“Joining the SmartEquip Network will provide us significant operational and transactional efficiencies, across the entire equipment lifecycle,” notes Ron Piccolo, Oldcastle’s vice president of strategic sourcing for equipment. “Oldcastle will use SmartEquip technology both to leverage our capabilities in shop efficiency and procurement, as well as to increase the operating efficiency of our fleet. Many of our suppliers are already participants on the network. We look forward to further increasing the vendor platform, and to the gains we will jointly receive from conducting business through this network.”
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1159 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program583 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas329 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents291 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge268 Views