Oldcastle joins SmartEquip Network
Oldcastle and SmartEquip have entered into an agreement that makes the aggregate producer part of the SmartEquip Network.
Using SmartEquip technology will provide Oldcastle with real-time product, parts, and service support for its equipment fleet, as well as procurement capabilities to automate electronic purchasing with its suppliers, according to Oldcastle.
“Joining the SmartEquip Network will provide us significant operational and transactional efficiencies, across the entire equipment lifecycle,” notes Ron Piccolo, Oldcastle’s vice president of strategic sourcing for equipment. “Oldcastle will use SmartEquip technology both to leverage our capabilities in shop efficiency and procurement, as well as to increase the operating efficiency of our fleet. Many of our suppliers are already participants on the network. We look forward to further increasing the vendor platform, and to the gains we will jointly receive from conducting business through this network.”
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections446 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest385 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?349 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company347 Views
- MSHA gives out $8.4 million to 47 states for mine safety and health training333 Views