Oldcastle joins SmartEquip Network
Oldcastle and SmartEquip have entered into an agreement that makes the aggregate producer part of the SmartEquip Network.
Using SmartEquip technology will provide Oldcastle with real-time product, parts, and service support for its equipment fleet, as well as procurement capabilities to automate electronic purchasing with its suppliers, according to Oldcastle.
“Joining the SmartEquip Network will provide us significant operational and transactional efficiencies, across the entire equipment lifecycle,” notes Ron Piccolo, Oldcastle’s vice president of strategic sourcing for equipment. “Oldcastle will use SmartEquip technology both to leverage our capabilities in shop efficiency and procurement, as well as to increase the operating efficiency of our fleet. Many of our suppliers are already participants on the network. We look forward to further increasing the vendor platform, and to the gains we will jointly receive from conducting business through this network.”
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Follow these best practices for safe crushing operations246 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Atlas Copco’s bucket crushers235 Views
- What to expect at the 2014 ConExpo-Con/Agg show231 Views
- Komatsu's WA1200-6 wheel loader offers more horsepower, lower costs174 Views
- Powerscreen Trakpactor 320SR to launch at ConExpo-Con/Agg150 Views