Oldcastle joins SmartEquip Network
Oldcastle and SmartEquip have entered into an agreement that makes the aggregate producer part of the SmartEquip Network.
Using SmartEquip technology will provide Oldcastle with real-time product, parts, and service support for its equipment fleet, as well as procurement capabilities to automate electronic purchasing with its suppliers, according to Oldcastle.
“Joining the SmartEquip Network will provide us significant operational and transactional efficiencies, across the entire equipment lifecycle,” notes Ron Piccolo, Oldcastle’s vice president of strategic sourcing for equipment. “Oldcastle will use SmartEquip technology both to leverage our capabilities in shop efficiency and procurement, as well as to increase the operating efficiency of our fleet. Many of our suppliers are already participants on the network. We look forward to further increasing the vendor platform, and to the gains we will jointly receive from conducting business through this network.”
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry3100 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.1999 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies306 Views
- Elderly woman destroys newly poured concrete302 Views
- How to become a more productive worker290 Views