Oldcastle joins SmartEquip Network
Oldcastle and SmartEquip have entered into an agreement that makes the aggregate producer part of the SmartEquip Network.
Using SmartEquip technology will provide Oldcastle with real-time product, parts, and service support for its equipment fleet, as well as procurement capabilities to automate electronic purchasing with its suppliers, according to Oldcastle.
“Joining the SmartEquip Network will provide us significant operational and transactional efficiencies, across the entire equipment lifecycle,” notes Ron Piccolo, Oldcastle’s vice president of strategic sourcing for equipment. “Oldcastle will use SmartEquip technology both to leverage our capabilities in shop efficiency and procurement, as well as to increase the operating efficiency of our fleet. Many of our suppliers are already participants on the network. We look forward to further increasing the vendor platform, and to the gains we will jointly receive from conducting business through this network.”
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151551 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151035 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1007 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production685 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone391 Views