Oldcastle President, COO Doug Black named ARTBA 2013-2014 chair
The American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) announced at its national convention September 8-10 that it has named Doug Black, president and chief operating officer of Oldcastle, the association’s chairman, according to a report from our sister site, Better Roads.
During a September 10 speech at the convention in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Black said his four main objectives as chairman are to advocate for increased transportation infrastructure funding, push for policy reforms, improve worker safety and focus on innovation.
Black has previously served ARTBA as senior vice chair, first vice chair, vice chair at-large, president of the Materials & Services Division, and co-chair of the Strategic Planning Committee.
In addition to naming Black as the new chairman, ARTBA also named 14 other new officers.
For more details about the new ARTBA officers, read the full report at BetterRoads.com.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule400 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines389 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks361 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger352 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)316 Views