Oldcastle President, COO Doug Black named ARTBA 2013-2014 chair
The American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) announced at its national convention September 8-10 that it has named Doug Black, president and chief operating officer of Oldcastle, the association’s chairman, according to a report from our sister site, Better Roads.
During a September 10 speech at the convention in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Black said his four main objectives as chairman are to advocate for increased transportation infrastructure funding, push for policy reforms, improve worker safety and focus on innovation.
Black has previously served ARTBA as senior vice chair, first vice chair, vice chair at-large, president of the Materials & Services Division, and co-chair of the Strategic Planning Committee.
In addition to naming Black as the new chairman, ARTBA also named 14 other new officers.
For more details about the new ARTBA officers, read the full report at BetterRoads.com.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter435 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)278 Views
- Rogers Group's Pottsville Quarry reaches for the stars272 Views
- MSHA issues 87 citations at six metal/nonmetal mines during July impact inspections264 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees256 Views