Oldcastle President, COO Doug Black named ARTBA 2013-2014 chair
The American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) announced at its national convention September 8-10 that it has named Doug Black, president and chief operating officer of Oldcastle, the association’s chairman, according to a report from our sister site, Better Roads.
During a September 10 speech at the convention in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Black said his four main objectives as chairman are to advocate for increased transportation infrastructure funding, push for policy reforms, improve worker safety and focus on innovation.
Black has previously served ARTBA as senior vice chair, first vice chair, vice chair at-large, president of the Materials & Services Division, and co-chair of the Strategic Planning Committee.
In addition to naming Black as the new chairman, ARTBA also named 14 other new officers.
For more details about the new ARTBA officers, read the full report at BetterRoads.com.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151630 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151072 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1030 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production729 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success539 Views