Oldcastle President, COO Doug Black named ARTBA 2013-2014 chair
The American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) announced at its national convention September 8-10 that it has named Doug Black, president and chief operating officer of Oldcastle, the association’s chairman, according to a report from our sister site, Better Roads.
During a September 10 speech at the convention in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Black said his four main objectives as chairman are to advocate for increased transportation infrastructure funding, push for policy reforms, improve worker safety and focus on innovation.
Black has previously served ARTBA as senior vice chair, first vice chair, vice chair at-large, president of the Materials & Services Division, and co-chair of the Strategic Planning Committee.
In addition to naming Black as the new chairman, ARTBA also named 14 other new officers.
For more details about the new ARTBA officers, read the full report at BetterRoads.com.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world310 Views
- Historical aggregate landmark disappears into Lake Superior186 Views
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)157 Views
- Caterpillar “Built For It” Trials video: Cat generator powers Lantern Festival in China’s Yuhu Village151 Views
- Aggregate production up 7 percent in 2014134 Views