Oldcastle President, COO Doug Black named ARTBA 2013-2014 chair
The American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) announced at its national convention September 8-10 that it has named Doug Black, president and chief operating officer of Oldcastle, the association’s chairman, according to a report from our sister site, Better Roads.
During a September 10 speech at the convention in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Black said his four main objectives as chairman are to advocate for increased transportation infrastructure funding, push for policy reforms, improve worker safety and focus on innovation.
Black has previously served ARTBA as senior vice chair, first vice chair, vice chair at-large, president of the Materials & Services Division, and co-chair of the Strategic Planning Committee.
In addition to naming Black as the new chairman, ARTBA also named 14 other new officers.
For more details about the new ARTBA officers, read the full report at BetterRoads.com.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA issues citations to five metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in February446 Views
- Holcim shareholders threaten merger plans with Lafarge…again320 Views
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car210 Views
- Trinity Materials' Indian Village Plant is diggin’ Cajun style176 Views
- Caterpillar intros 735C, 740C EJ, 745C articulated trucks with bevy of powertrain improvements (PHOTOS)172 Views