Oldcastle President, COO Doug Black named ARTBA 2013-2014 chair
The American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) announced at its national convention September 8-10 that it has named Doug Black, president and chief operating officer of Oldcastle, the association’s chairman, according to a report from our sister site, Better Roads.
During a September 10 speech at the convention in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Black said his four main objectives as chairman are to advocate for increased transportation infrastructure funding, push for policy reforms, improve worker safety and focus on innovation.
Black has previously served ARTBA as senior vice chair, first vice chair, vice chair at-large, president of the Materials & Services Division, and co-chair of the Strategic Planning Committee.
In addition to naming Black as the new chairman, ARTBA also named 14 other new officers.
For more details about the new ARTBA officers, read the full report at BetterRoads.com.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill432 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers412 Views
- Caterpillar highlights equipment and connectivity at ConExpo-Con/Agg312 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award193 Views
- MSHA Assistant Secretary of Labor Main updates NSSGA on recent agency actions181 Views