Orange County Transportation Authority awarded $9.3 million in federal grants
The Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) has been awarded $9.3 million from the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) for projects to improve transit throughout Orange County.
The competitive transit grant awards were part of the DOT’s Bus Livability and State of Good Repair programs.
OCTA received five grants:
- OCTA was awarded $7.5 million for the Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodal Center (ARTIC), a project to provide for a multimodal transportation hub in Anaheim.
- $768,000 for OCTA’s Bike Share Station Pilot Program. This grant will fund OCTA’s Bike Share Station Pilot project, which will place bike sharing stations at commuter rail stations that have bus connections to provide better transit accessibility.
- $80,000 for OCTA’s Bus Stop Solar Lighting Project. This grant will enable OCTA to complete its Bus Stop Safety Program by installing the last remaining 100 solar lights at preselected bus stops throughout Orange County to enhance safety and accessibility.
- $828,000 for OCTA’s Underground Storage Removal and Replacement Project. These funds will assist planned efforts to remove and replace aging underground storage tanks.
- $160,000 for OCTA’s Methane Detection System Replacement and Modernization Project. These funds will permit OCTA to go forward to replace and modernize methane detection systems at OCTA bus-base facilities.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger142 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views