Orange County Transportation Authority awarded $9.3 million in federal grants
The Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) has been awarded $9.3 million from the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) for projects to improve transit throughout Orange County.
The competitive transit grant awards were part of the DOT’s Bus Livability and State of Good Repair programs.
OCTA received five grants:
- OCTA was awarded $7.5 million for the Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodal Center (ARTIC), a project to provide for a multimodal transportation hub in Anaheim.
- $768,000 for OCTA’s Bike Share Station Pilot Program. This grant will fund OCTA’s Bike Share Station Pilot project, which will place bike sharing stations at commuter rail stations that have bus connections to provide better transit accessibility.
- $80,000 for OCTA’s Bus Stop Solar Lighting Project. This grant will enable OCTA to complete its Bus Stop Safety Program by installing the last remaining 100 solar lights at preselected bus stops throughout Orange County to enhance safety and accessibility.
- $828,000 for OCTA’s Underground Storage Removal and Replacement Project. These funds will assist planned efforts to remove and replace aging underground storage tanks.
- $160,000 for OCTA’s Methane Detection System Replacement and Modernization Project. These funds will permit OCTA to go forward to replace and modernize methane detection systems at OCTA bus-base facilities.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability690 Views
- Rocker Bob Seger rips Wisconsin mine plan in new song [Audio]554 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure542 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 265 Views
- Officials wrongly closed frac sand mine255 Views