Orange County Transportation Authority awarded $9.3 million in federal grants
The Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) has been awarded $9.3 million from the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) for projects to improve transit throughout Orange County.
The competitive transit grant awards were part of the DOT’s Bus Livability and State of Good Repair programs.
OCTA received five grants:
- OCTA was awarded $7.5 million for the Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodal Center (ARTIC), a project to provide for a multimodal transportation hub in Anaheim.
- $768,000 for OCTA’s Bike Share Station Pilot Program. This grant will fund OCTA’s Bike Share Station Pilot project, which will place bike sharing stations at commuter rail stations that have bus connections to provide better transit accessibility.
- $80,000 for OCTA’s Bus Stop Solar Lighting Project. This grant will enable OCTA to complete its Bus Stop Safety Program by installing the last remaining 100 solar lights at preselected bus stops throughout Orange County to enhance safety and accessibility.
- $828,000 for OCTA’s Underground Storage Removal and Replacement Project. These funds will assist planned efforts to remove and replace aging underground storage tanks.
- $160,000 for OCTA’s Methane Detection System Replacement and Modernization Project. These funds will permit OCTA to go forward to replace and modernize methane detection systems at OCTA bus-base facilities.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program600 Views
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana415 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas400 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents295 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials242 Views