Sandvik’s new mobile QS441 “S” type cone crusher
The “S” type gyratory cone crusher has proven itself in stationary applications for over 30 years, becoming one of the most reliable, versatile and productive cone crushers on the market today. This proven piece of technology has now been incorporated into a self-contained, diesel driven track-mounted plant, offering customers superior performance, and high product quality, in a fully mobile version.
Sandvik’s “S” type gyratory cone is able to accept a feed size up to 90% larger than current standard cones, which allows maximum productivity from your primary crusher, or even enables the “S” cone to be operated as a primary crusher on gravel applications. The larger QS441 56 ton unit will feature the class leading CS440 cone, whilst the smaller more compact model within the new range, the 36 ton QS331, incorporates the CS430 cone crusher.
With a choice of three concaves, and four bush settings to control the closed side settings and material gradation, both the new units offer ultimate flexibility. Capable of producing large reduction ratios, with minimal fines, production it is ideally suited for crusher run (6F5 material), rail ballast / drainage stone or material for a tertiary crushing plant.
Efficiency and productivity are the key attributes of the new models and many characteristics, which are common across the Premium range of crushers, have been incorporated into these units.
Key features include:
- Automatic level sensor above the crushing chamber to control the feed rate and minimize operator intervention for maximum production and reduction.
- Metal detector fitted as standard to provide maximum stability and protection from tramp material
- Remote camera for visibility of the crushing chamber from ground level
- Hydroset CSS regulation system to optimise production and keep track of liner wear
- Four hydraulic jacking legs for increased stability and servicing capabilities
- Heavy duty “I” beam chassis to ensure maximum durability
- CAT C13 diesel engine with direct drive for maximum power delivery and fuel efficiency
- Hydraulically driven cooling fan with auto reverse function to back flush dust from the radiator
- Wide selection of optional extras to suit every climate and customer need