Pa. Senator backs expiration for highway earmarks
“Open earmarks” occur when money Congress sets aside for pet projects do not get spent.
Casey, a Democrat, has introduced two bills last week: the Redistribution of Unspent Earmarks Act and the Use It or Lose It Act. Together, according to the Feb. 1 USA Today report. The bills would mandate that earmarks older than three years be returned to the states to use on any eligible highway project.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Four major California areas expected to deplete aggregate supply in next 10 years715 Views
- Product of the Week: Cat 988K loader518 Views
- Diesel fuel price report: June 17, 2013128 Views
- California firefighters respond to quarry blaze127 Views
- Rock quarry owner proposes expansion in Sitka, Alaska118 Views