Pa. Senator backs expiration for highway earmarks
“Open earmarks” occur when money Congress sets aside for pet projects do not get spent.
Casey, a Democrat, has introduced two bills last week: the Redistribution of Unspent Earmarks Act and the Use It or Lose It Act. Together, according to the Feb. 1 USA Today report. The bills would mandate that earmarks older than three years be returned to the states to use on any eligible highway project.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs1055 Views
- CRH continues to eye large deals to grow the Irish aggregate company482 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources427 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger404 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register320 Views