Pa. Senator backs expiration for highway earmarks
“Open earmarks” occur when money Congress sets aside for pet projects do not get spent.
Casey, a Democrat, has introduced two bills last week: the Redistribution of Unspent Earmarks Act and the Use It or Lose It Act. Together, according to the Feb. 1 USA Today report. The bills would mandate that earmarks older than three years be returned to the states to use on any eligible highway project.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151090 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production756 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success592 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone425 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting388 Views