PACCAR Parts Announces Telematics Fleet Management Service Using Proprietary Cellular Network Technology
RENTON, Wash., Sept. 15, 2011 – PACCAR Parts announced today commercial availability of its aftermarket TruckerLink telematics and fleet management service. The sophisticated, yet easy-to-use and affordable offering lets dispatchers and maintenance staff view the location of their trucks, driver logs and fuel consumption reports, vehicle diagnostic data, inspection results and more.
TruckerLink utilizes proprietary Remote Carrier Switching(TM) technology that seamlessly switches the service’s cellular connection between GSM and CDMA networks. It is the market’s only fleet management system that can switch between differing cellular networks, meaning more reliable, affordable connectivity, said Tony McQuary, general sales manager for PACCAR Parts.
TruckerLink is comprised of three components:
* TruckerLink FLEET, a secure website where data transmitted from trucks is monitored. Accessible from any computer, the site reports the operational status of all networked trucks fleet-wide in real-time.
* TruckerLink Advanced Mobile Gateway (AMG) installed on trucks. The AMG communicates GPS location and diagnostics data in real-time over cellular networks.
* TruckerLink DRIVER, a collection of applications that make it quick and easy for drivers to log their hours-of-service (HOS) and complete driver vehicle inspection reports (DVIRs) when using a Windows laptop or notebook.
TruckerLink has been road-tested by fleets in North America – including small and mid-size companies that previously may have found it cost-prohibitive to purchase a high-end telematics service.
Historically, the benefits of real-time fleet tracking have been enjoyed only by the larger fleets. But now given increased regulatory requirements and unpredictably high fuel costs, every fleet of any size needs an affordable telematics service that delivers immediate returns on investment, said Karl Mowat, general marketing manager for PACCAR Parts. TruckerLink is that service, improving operational efficiencies fleet-wide.
TruckerLink, available at Kenworth and Peterbilt dealer locations, offers the following marketplace differentiators:
MORE FROM Aggregates Zone
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve519 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry256 Views
- Vulcan-blocking bill dies in Alabama legislature250 Views
- Road restrictions may stop quarry construction in Kentucky213 Views
- Two suspects charged with arson in Jack’s Mountain Quarry case in Virginia127 Views