PACCAR Parts Announces Telematics Fleet Management Service Using Proprietary Cellular Network Technology
RENTON, Wash., Sept. 15, 2011 – PACCAR Parts announced today commercial availability of its aftermarket TruckerLink telematics and fleet management service. The sophisticated, yet easy-to-use and affordable offering lets dispatchers and maintenance staff view the location of their trucks, driver logs and fuel consumption reports, vehicle diagnostic data, inspection results and more.
TruckerLink utilizes proprietary Remote Carrier Switching(TM) technology that seamlessly switches the service’s cellular connection between GSM and CDMA networks. It is the market’s only fleet management system that can switch between differing cellular networks, meaning more reliable, affordable connectivity, said Tony McQuary, general sales manager for PACCAR Parts.
TruckerLink is comprised of three components:
* TruckerLink FLEET, a secure website where data transmitted from trucks is monitored. Accessible from any computer, the site reports the operational status of all networked trucks fleet-wide in real-time.
* TruckerLink Advanced Mobile Gateway (AMG) installed on trucks. The AMG communicates GPS location and diagnostics data in real-time over cellular networks.
* TruckerLink DRIVER, a collection of applications that make it quick and easy for drivers to log their hours-of-service (HOS) and complete driver vehicle inspection reports (DVIRs) when using a Windows laptop or notebook.
TruckerLink has been road-tested by fleets in North America – including small and mid-size companies that previously may have found it cost-prohibitive to purchase a high-end telematics service.
Historically, the benefits of real-time fleet tracking have been enjoyed only by the larger fleets. But now given increased regulatory requirements and unpredictably high fuel costs, every fleet of any size needs an affordable telematics service that delivers immediate returns on investment, said Karl Mowat, general marketing manager for PACCAR Parts. TruckerLink is that service, improving operational efficiencies fleet-wide.
TruckerLink, available at Kenworth and Peterbilt dealer locations, offers the following marketplace differentiators:
* Powerfully simple design. The service delivers sophisticated enterprise-grade programming via simple user interfaces. The crisply visual and highly intuitive interface encourages quick adoption by drivers, dispatchers and maintenance crews.
* Increased Uptime. TruckerLink plugs into a truck’s J1939 electronic databus, running vehicle diagnostic programs with system alerts reported real-time at the TruckerLink FLEET website. These TruckerLink reports help maintenance crews plan and prepare for repairs before trucks return from the road.
* Low cost, highly flexible, no surprises. The secure, password-protected TruckerLink FLEET is accessed from any laptop or computer. There is no need to purchase specialized hardware to access the fleet-management service, and TruckerLink customers pay a fixed price each month – meaning no invoicing surprises.
* Heavy-duty engineering. Heavy-duty trucks are built to take pounding and stress. Accordingly, so is the rugged TruckerLink Advanced Mobile Gateway hardware.
* The best wireless connection. Typically, Wi-Fi service is isolated, transmitting data via satellite-based services is expensive, and every cellular carrier has some holes in their coverage. TruckerLink is engineered to automatically switch between GSM and CDMA cellular networks.
The Remote Carrier Switching technology meets the pressing need for a well-engineered fleet management system that features network redundancy, said David Kelly, product marketing manager for PACCAR Parts. No one land-based wireless network can be everywhere for everyone, but TruckerLink proves that network redundancy delivers better service in more places at the right price.
For more information, visit http://www.truckerlink.com/ and call 1-855-258-7825.
About PACCAR Parts
PACCAR Parts operates a network of parts distribution centers that offer aftermarket parts sales support to Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF dealerships around the world. The company provides quality brands that not only meet OEM specifications, but also customers expectations regardless of the make, model or age of their truck.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggregates Zone
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry742 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets540 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either282 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year278 Views
- A. Colarusso and Son acquires Holcim land in NY124 Views