Palm Beach Aggregates sells 1,200 acres of land
Palm Beach Aggregates has sold 1,200 acres of land to an affiliate of Pimco, a California firm famous for running the world’s largest bond fund, for $77 million.
Palm Beach Aggregates had previously sold the land for around $300 million to Lennar Homes LLC. However, the deal fell through due to a political scandal when federal prosecutors accused Palm Beach County Commission Chairman Tony Masilotti of corruption tied to a $100,000 stake held by him and his brother in the proposed development. Masilotti played a huge role in securing zoning changes that caused the land’s value to skyrocket.
Masilotti resigned in October 2006 and would later plead guilty to the charges. He was released from prison in February 2011 after serving 37 months of his five-year sentence.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs761 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries326 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs216 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding169 Views
- Transportation funding extended through Dec. 4 as House and Senate work out long-term bill104 Views