Palm Beach Aggregates sells 1,200 acres of land
Palm Beach Aggregates has sold 1,200 acres of land to an affiliate of Pimco, a California firm famous for running the world’s largest bond fund, for $77 million.
Palm Beach Aggregates had previously sold the land for around $300 million to Lennar Homes LLC. However, the deal fell through due to a political scandal when federal prosecutors accused Palm Beach County Commission Chairman Tony Masilotti of corruption tied to a $100,000 stake held by him and his brother in the proposed development. Masilotti played a huge role in securing zoning changes that caused the land’s value to skyrocket.
Masilotti resigned in October 2006 and would later plead guilty to the charges. He was released from prison in February 2011 after serving 37 months of his five-year sentence.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sales manager killed at sand and gravel plant1054 Views
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry629 Views
- Sand and gravel mine cited for 8th time533 Views
- Responses to Obama's State of the Union address223 Views
- Obama wants 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' no mention of gas tax hike209 Views