Palm Beach Aggregates sells 1,200 acres of land
Palm Beach Aggregates has sold 1,200 acres of land to an affiliate of Pimco, a California firm famous for running the world’s largest bond fund, for $77 million.
Palm Beach Aggregates had previously sold the land for around $300 million to Lennar Homes LLC. However, the deal fell through due to a political scandal when federal prosecutors accused Palm Beach County Commission Chairman Tony Masilotti of corruption tied to a $100,000 stake held by him and his brother in the proposed development. Masilotti played a huge role in securing zoning changes that caused the land’s value to skyrocket.
Masilotti resigned in October 2006 and would later plead guilty to the charges. He was released from prison in February 2011 after serving 37 months of his five-year sentence.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand saves a construction worker's life500 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers334 Views
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 291 Views
- Mine pollution hurting fish habitats across America187 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts161 Views