Parsons Brinckerhoff appointed program manager for Qatar infrastructure improvements
Parsons Brinckerhoff has been appointed the program management consultant to Ashghal, the public works authority of Qatar, for a QAR 30 billion (U.S. $8 billion) program focusing on the construction and upgrade of local road and drainage projects throughout the country over a five-year period. The award was announced by Minister of Municipality and Urban Planning Sheikh Abdulrahman Bin Khalifa Al-Thani.
Parsons Brinckerhoff will have overall responsibility for management and coordination of all interfaces with Ashghal and its stakeholders, the management and coordination of the Ashghal supply chain, and the development of a logistic and supply strategy with Ashghal and the various construction contractors appointed to deliver the physical infrastructure. Parsons Brinckerhoff will also oversee general engineering consultants for each of five geographic zones comprising Qatar.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 886 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life486 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers264 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts165 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning153 Views