Parsons Brinckerhoff appointed program manager for Qatar infrastructure improvements
Parsons Brinckerhoff has been appointed the program management consultant to Ashghal, the public works authority of Qatar, for a QAR 30 billion (U.S. $8 billion) program focusing on the construction and upgrade of local road and drainage projects throughout the country over a five-year period. The award was announced by Minister of Municipality and Urban Planning Sheikh Abdulrahman Bin Khalifa Al-Thani.
Parsons Brinckerhoff will have overall responsibility for management and coordination of all interfaces with Ashghal and its stakeholders, the management and coordination of the Ashghal supply chain, and the development of a logistic and supply strategy with Ashghal and the various construction contractors appointed to deliver the physical infrastructure. Parsons Brinckerhoff will also oversee general engineering consultants for each of five geographic zones comprising Qatar.
From our partners
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections452 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest389 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company363 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?358 Views
- Tips for meeting MSHA's tougher criteria for workplace examinations308 Views