Parsons hires Sam Elters as road, highway leader
Parsons has hired Sam Elters as regional transportation director in Arizona and Nevada.
In this position, he will be responsible for all road and highway projects in this region, and he will serve as the lead for major pursuits, including public-private partnerships, design-build projects, and design and construction management projects.
Prior to joining Parsons, Elters was chief engineer of the Transportation Corridor Agencies in Irvine, Calif.
Before that, he was state engineer for the Arizona Department of Transportation’s Intermodal Division. He also served as chief executive and administrative officer of the division, responsible for providing leadership and direction to more than 2,200 full-time employees.
“We are happy to welcome Sam to our team,” said Tom Barron, Parsons Group president. “His experience as a leader on state highways and toll roads is a great asset, and I’m confident that his talents will lead to successful pursuits.”
During the course of his career, Elters has contributed to a number of important projects, including the SR-241 completion project and the SR-241/SR-91 Express Lanes Direct Connector, in California, as well as the U.S. 93/Hoover Dam Bypass, the Loop 202 construction, and the I-10 completion projects, in Arizona.
In addition, Elters was responsible for delivering Arizona’s $6.5 billion, five-year capital improvement program in his role as State Engineer. He holds a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from Northern Arizona University.
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151551 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151013 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1007 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production639 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone391 Views