Parsons hires Sam Elters as road, highway leader
Parsons has hired Sam Elters as regional transportation director in Arizona and Nevada.
In this position, he will be responsible for all road and highway projects in this region, and he will serve as the lead for major pursuits, including public-private partnerships, design-build projects, and design and construction management projects.
Prior to joining Parsons, Elters was chief engineer of the Transportation Corridor Agencies in Irvine, Calif.
Before that, he was state engineer for the Arizona Department of Transportation’s Intermodal Division. He also served as chief executive and administrative officer of the division, responsible for providing leadership and direction to more than 2,200 full-time employees.
“We are happy to welcome Sam to our team,” said Tom Barron, Parsons Group president. “His experience as a leader on state highways and toll roads is a great asset, and I’m confident that his talents will lead to successful pursuits.”
During the course of his career, Elters has contributed to a number of important projects, including the SR-241 completion project and the SR-241/SR-91 Express Lanes Direct Connector, in California, as well as the U.S. 93/Hoover Dam Bypass, the Loop 202 construction, and the I-10 completion projects, in Arizona.
In addition, Elters was responsible for delivering Arizona’s $6.5 billion, five-year capital improvement program in his role as State Engineer. He holds a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from Northern Arizona University.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA issues citations to five metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in February433 Views
- Holcim shareholders threaten merger plans with Lafarge…again277 Views
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car208 Views
- Caterpillar intros 735C, 740C EJ, 745C articulated trucks with bevy of powertrain improvements (PHOTOS)173 Views
- Senate rejects amendment seeking to fund infrastructure by closing corporate tax loophole152 Views