Pennsylvania quarry ordered to stop blasting
Following a March 19 flyrock incident, the M & M Stone/Harleysville Materials quarry has been ordered to cease blasting.
“The investigation revealed that a rock(s) were ejected upwards and outwards from the body of the shot which traveled approx. 381 feet to the resting place,” a Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection Explosives Inspection Report on the incident notes.
The Reporter notes that there were no reports of injuries or property damage.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 895 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life494 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers289 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts167 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning154 Views