Pennsylvania quarry ordered to stop blasting
Following a March 19 flyrock incident, the M & M Stone/Harleysville Materials quarry has been ordered to cease blasting.
“The investigation revealed that a rock(s) were ejected upwards and outwards from the body of the shot which traveled approx. 381 feet to the resting place,” a Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection Explosives Inspection Report on the incident notes.
The Reporter notes that there were no reports of injuries or property damage.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Rock & Run 2014 was full of fun for everyone620 Views
- Mine expansion leaving MnDOT up a creek without a paddle427 Views
- How to stay safe while working with a small or short-handed crew182 Views
- Majority of construction firms can't find skilled workers131 Views
- The Underground World Wide Web: A new use for abandoned mines111 Views