Pennsylvania quarry ordered to stop blasting
Following a March 19 flyrock incident, the M & M Stone/Harleysville Materials quarry has been ordered to cease blasting.
“The investigation revealed that a rock(s) were ejected upwards and outwards from the body of the shot which traveled approx. 381 feet to the resting place,” a Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection Explosives Inspection Report on the incident notes.
The Reporter notes that there were no reports of injuries or property damage.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- U.S. Concrete purchases a New Jersey aggregate operation388 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest371 Views
- Thieves derail train in Mexico to steal 70 tons of cement340 Views
- MSHA gives out $8.4 million to 47 states for mine safety and health training334 Views
- Four contractors compete for $1.1 billion I-285/GA 400 interchange project in Atlanta292 Views