Pennsylvania quarry ordered to stop blasting
Following a March 19 flyrock incident, the M & M Stone/Harleysville Materials quarry has been ordered to cease blasting.
“The investigation revealed that a rock(s) were ejected upwards and outwards from the body of the shot which traveled approx. 381 feet to the resting place,” a Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection Explosives Inspection Report on the incident notes.
The Reporter notes that there were no reports of injuries or property damage.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs1058 Views
- CRH continues to eye large deals to grow the Irish aggregate company484 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources431 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger411 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register335 Views