Pennsylvania quarry ordered to stop blasting
Following a March 19 flyrock incident, the M & M Stone/Harleysville Materials quarry has been ordered to cease blasting.
“The investigation revealed that a rock(s) were ejected upwards and outwards from the body of the shot which traveled approx. 381 feet to the resting place,” a Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection Explosives Inspection Report on the incident notes.
The Reporter notes that there were no reports of injuries or property damage.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- 20-year-old killed at sand and gravel mill778 Views
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability688 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure559 Views
- Rocker Bob Seger rips Wisconsin mine plan in new song [Audio]553 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 263 Views