Pennsylvania state budget lacks proposed $2 billion transportation bill
Pennsylvania’s $28.4 billion budget, which Governor Tom Corbett signed into law on Sunday, does not include the $2 billion budget House Republicans had proposed, according to a report from our sister site, Better Roads.
The bill lacked support from the full House, largely due to the proposed increase in wholesale fuel taxes.
The bill, which is about $500 million less per year than a plan that passed the Senate in early June, did not gain support from the full Senate either.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry3103 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2353 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...551 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies309 Views
- How to become a more productive worker307 Views