Pennsylvania state budget lacks proposed $2 billion transportation bill
Pennsylvania’s $28.4 billion budget, which Governor Tom Corbett signed into law on Sunday, does not include the $2 billion budget House Republicans had proposed, according to a report from our sister site, Better Roads.
The bill lacked support from the full House, largely due to the proposed increase in wholesale fuel taxes.
The bill, which is about $500 million less per year than a plan that passed the Senate in early June, did not gain support from the full Senate either.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Osama bin Laden's family buys famous marble quarry1947 Views
- Vulcan in bidding war with USC812 Views
- 15 quarry trespassers arrested in Pennsylvania526 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up459 Views
- Four workers survive getting buried alive at sand and gravel plant319 Views