Pennsylvania state budget lacks proposed $2 billion transportation bill
Pennsylvania’s $28.4 billion budget, which Governor Tom Corbett signed into law on Sunday, does not include the $2 billion budget House Republicans had proposed, according to a report from our sister site, Better Roads.
The bill lacked support from the full House, largely due to the proposed increase in wholesale fuel taxes.
The bill, which is about $500 million less per year than a plan that passed the Senate in early June, did not gain support from the full Senate either.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mine worker dies in tragic accident1310 Views
- Update on experienced plant manager killed at Murray Mines1182 Views
- Quarry workers in Egypt risking life and limbs (PHOTOS)1101 Views
- Rare Dinosaur bone found in Colorado quarry886 Views
- VIDEO: Excavator straddles extremely narrow bench, predictably topples over395 Views