Peoria Public Library displays Caterpillar ads from 1915-1930
Throughout the month of September, the library is showing Caterpillar advertisements from 1915-1930, reports our sister site, Total Landscape Care.
The ads originate from magazines such as the Literary Digest, the American City and the Saturday Evening Post. They are on loan to the library from the collection of Mark Johnson, a former Caterpillar employee who worked for the company for 37 years before retiring in 2009.
More than 100 ads are on display, showing the 1925 formation of Caterpillar Tractor Co. as well as ads for WWI- and Great Depression-era machines.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program607 Views
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana422 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas397 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents293 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials234 Views