Peoria Public Library displays Caterpillar ads from 1915-1930
Throughout the month of September, the library is showing Caterpillar advertisements from 1915-1930, reports our sister site, Total Landscape Care.
The ads originate from magazines such as the Literary Digest, the American City and the Saturday Evening Post. They are on loan to the library from the collection of Mark Johnson, a former Caterpillar employee who worked for the company for 37 years before retiring in 2009.
More than 100 ads are on display, showing the 1925 formation of Caterpillar Tractor Co. as well as ads for WWI- and Great Depression-era machines.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill438 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers416 Views
- McLanahan Rolls Out Four Key Products204 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award193 Views
- MSHA Assistant Secretary of Labor Main updates NSSGA on recent agency actions183 Views