Peoria Public Library displays Caterpillar ads from 1915-1930
Throughout the month of September, the library is showing Caterpillar advertisements from 1915-1930, reports our sister site, Total Landscape Care.
The ads originate from magazines such as the Literary Digest, the American City and the Saturday Evening Post. They are on loan to the library from the collection of Mark Johnson, a former Caterpillar employee who worked for the company for 37 years before retiring in 2009.
More than 100 ads are on display, showing the 1925 formation of Caterpillar Tractor Co. as well as ads for WWI- and Great Depression-era machines.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger142 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views