Peoria Public Library displays Caterpillar ads from 1915-1930
Throughout the month of September, the library is showing Caterpillar advertisements from 1915-1930, reports our sister site, Total Landscape Care.
The ads originate from magazines such as the Literary Digest, the American City and the Saturday Evening Post. They are on loan to the library from the collection of Mark Johnson, a former Caterpillar employee who worked for the company for 37 years before retiring in 2009.
More than 100 ads are on display, showing the 1925 formation of Caterpillar Tractor Co. as well as ads for WWI- and Great Depression-era machines.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter436 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)269 Views
- MSHA issues 87 citations at six metal/nonmetal mines during July impact inspections265 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees251 Views
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry204 Views