Peoria Public Library displays Caterpillar ads from 1915-1930
Throughout the month of September, the library is showing Caterpillar advertisements from 1915-1930, reports our sister site, Total Landscape Care.
The ads originate from magazines such as the Literary Digest, the American City and the Saturday Evening Post. They are on loan to the library from the collection of Mark Johnson, a former Caterpillar employee who worked for the company for 37 years before retiring in 2009.
More than 100 ads are on display, showing the 1925 formation of Caterpillar Tractor Co. as well as ads for WWI- and Great Depression-era machines.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs717 Views
- Kelly Bailey named 2015 AggMan of the Year463 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries327 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs216 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding169 Views