Pittsburgh-area contractors want to nix proposed clean-air legislation
Construction groups say a Pittsburgh City Council bill that would hold contractors to higher environmental standards could stymie development and put small companies out of business, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports.
Councilman Bill Peduto’s clean-air legislation would require contractors working on city-subsidized projects to use new or retrofitted equipment to reduce diesel emissions, according to the report. The measure would affect developments beginning in January 2013, the report says.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability547 Views
- The Internet may take over abandoned mines494 Views
- Owner of rock quarry defends himself against park347 Views
- Video: Behind the scenes with Lego Technic's wheel loader R&D291 Views
- 80-thousand pounds of sand and gravel dumped on highway266 Views