Pittsburgh-area contractors want to nix proposed clean-air legislation
Construction groups say a Pittsburgh City Council bill that would hold contractors to higher environmental standards could stymie development and put small companies out of business, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports.
Councilman Bill Peduto’s clean-air legislation would require contractors working on city-subsidized projects to use new or retrofitted equipment to reduce diesel emissions, according to the report. The measure would affect developments beginning in January 2013, the report says.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA Alert: Electrical Safety353 Views
- What to expect at the 2014 ConExpo-Con/Agg show275 Views
- Komatsu's WA1200-6 wheel loader offers more horsepower, lower costs201 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Caterpillar’s 988K wheel loader197 Views
- Rare dinosaur skeleton found in quarry sells for more than $544,000169 Views