Pittsburgh-area contractors want to nix proposed clean-air legislation
Construction groups say a Pittsburgh City Council bill that would hold contractors to higher environmental standards could stymie development and put small companies out of business, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports.
Councilman Bill Peduto’s clean-air legislation would require contractors working on city-subsidized projects to use new or retrofitted equipment to reduce diesel emissions, according to the report. The measure would affect developments beginning in January 2013, the report says.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mine worker dies in tragic accident1304 Views
- Update on experienced plant manager killed at Murray Mines1165 Views
- Quarry workers in Egypt risking life and limbs (PHOTOS)1094 Views
- Rare Dinosaur bone found in Colorado quarry880 Views
- VIDEO: Excavator straddles extremely narrow bench, predictably topples over390 Views