Pittsburgh-area contractors want to nix proposed clean-air legislation
Construction groups say a Pittsburgh City Council bill that would hold contractors to higher environmental standards could stymie development and put small companies out of business, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports.
Councilman Bill Peduto’s clean-air legislation would require contractors working on city-subsidized projects to use new or retrofitted equipment to reduce diesel emissions, according to the report. The measure would affect developments beginning in January 2013, the report says.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers428 Views
- McLanahan Rolls Out Four Key Products226 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award198 Views
- MSHA Assistant Secretary of Labor Main updates NSSGA on recent agency actions194 Views
- NSSGA debuts its new strategic plan172 Views