Pittsburgh Transportation Group on Governor’s Transportation Funding Advisory Commission Action
While recognizing the serious situation facing Pennsylvania’s transportation system because of inadequate funding, on Pittsburgh Transportation Group (PTG). the organization says it is “deeply concerned about the financial impact on our over 400 independent contractors” and on the PTG itself, the organization notes in press statement.
PTG has a fleet of some 800 vehicles, including taxis, vans, limousines, and shuttles. PTG companies include Yellow Cab, People’s Cab, Super Shuttle, ExecuCar/Embassy Coach, and PTG Charter Services.
“Our independent contractors – the cab drivers and Super Shuttle operators must pay for their own fuel, so it is easy to see how hard the impact will be with lifting the cap on the Pennsylvania Oil Company Franchise Tax,” PTG says in a written statement. “Raising the price of gasoline by another estimated nearly 14 cents a gallon would create serious financial hardships for our drivers.”
Increasing vehicle registration fees will also have a direct impact on our bottom line, according to PTG.I
“Before the State Legislature takes any final action on the Advisory Commission’s proposed increases, we strongly urge them to weigh the serious consequences of this proposal on our independent contractors and on Pittsburgh Transportation Group,” the organization advises.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers293 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger142 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park140 Views