Pittsburgh Transportation Group on Governor’s Transportation Funding Advisory Commission Action
While recognizing the serious situation facing Pennsylvania’s transportation system because of inadequate funding, on Pittsburgh Transportation Group (PTG). the organization says it is “deeply concerned about the financial impact on our over 400 independent contractors” and on the PTG itself, the organization notes in press statement.
PTG has a fleet of some 800 vehicles, including taxis, vans, limousines, and shuttles. PTG companies include Yellow Cab, People’s Cab, Super Shuttle, ExecuCar/Embassy Coach, and PTG Charter Services.
“Our independent contractors – the cab drivers and Super Shuttle operators must pay for their own fuel, so it is easy to see how hard the impact will be with lifting the cap on the Pennsylvania Oil Company Franchise Tax,” PTG says in a written statement. “Raising the price of gasoline by another estimated nearly 14 cents a gallon would create serious financial hardships for our drivers.”
Increasing vehicle registration fees will also have a direct impact on our bottom line, according to PTG.I
“Before the State Legislature takes any final action on the Advisory Commission’s proposed increases, we strongly urge them to weigh the serious consequences of this proposal on our independent contractors and on Pittsburgh Transportation Group,” the organization advises.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs724 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries289 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law224 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding220 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs204 Views