Pittsburgh Transportation Group on Governor’s Transportation Funding Advisory Commission Action
While recognizing the serious situation facing Pennsylvania’s transportation system because of inadequate funding, on Pittsburgh Transportation Group (PTG). the organization says it is “deeply concerned about the financial impact on our over 400 independent contractors” and on the PTG itself, the organization notes in press statement.
PTG has a fleet of some 800 vehicles, including taxis, vans, limousines, and shuttles. PTG companies include Yellow Cab, People’s Cab, Super Shuttle, ExecuCar/Embassy Coach, and PTG Charter Services.
“Our independent contractors – the cab drivers and Super Shuttle operators must pay for their own fuel, so it is easy to see how hard the impact will be with lifting the cap on the Pennsylvania Oil Company Franchise Tax,” PTG says in a written statement. “Raising the price of gasoline by another estimated nearly 14 cents a gallon would create serious financial hardships for our drivers.”
Increasing vehicle registration fees will also have a direct impact on our bottom line, according to PTG.I
“Before the State Legislature takes any final action on the Advisory Commission’s proposed increases, we strongly urge them to weigh the serious consequences of this proposal on our independent contractors and on Pittsburgh Transportation Group,” the organization advises.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule400 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines371 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks358 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger328 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)311 Views