Plant Manager – Wisconsin
Smart Sand Inc. is committed to sustainable, economical and environmentally-responsible mining and processing of frac sand (proppant) used in unconventional oil and gas exploration. We have an opening for a Plant Manager in our new, modern Tomah (Oakdale), Wisconsin plant.
This key position reports to the Vice President of Operations. All supervisors for the facility will report to this individual and it is expected that the Plant Manager will be responsible for a total staff of 60 to 80 workers.
It is expected that this individual will be on call regularly in addition to the regular work schedule. It is very important that the Plant Manager have exceptional people skills as this position will involve constant collaboration with others.
This position will be demanding at times and we are looking for an exceptional individual who is an all-rounder, an analytic individual and a problem solver. We require someone who has a record of effective leadership.
- Implement and enforce the facility’s safety plan and training plan. Constantly look for emerging conditions and rectify. This involves staying abreast of regulatory requirements.
- By example, maintain a professional, safe and respectful work environment for all employees.
- Report to management daily on output of the wet and dry side facility and rail shipments of products, identifying and explaining shortfalls and variances from plan. (Interfacing with computerized automation system).
- Solve operational problems in a quick, safe and efficient manner.
- Maintain staffing and training schedule. Hire staff as needed.
- With other leaders, constantly train employees in accordance with the safety plan. This includes formal work, computer-aided training and on-site “toolbox talks.”
- Maintain liaison with local citizens, government officials, subcontractors, service providers and end-clients.
- Oversee all expenses and report to management.
- Contribute expertise to business growth initiatives, including new facility planning.
- Three years experience at a similar sand mine facility. At least ten years of relevant industrial or military experience.
- Basic knowledge of materials/minerals processing and the regulatory requirements of sand mining work.
- Understanding the work environment of a highly-regulated industry.
- Knowledge of mining machinery and heavy equipment
- A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience is required. Academic work in business management or engineering a strong plus.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Computer skills.
We offer a very competitive compensation package that is commensurate with experience. Please send resume to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Employment
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers293 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission170 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger140 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park133 Views