Plant Manager – Wisconsin
Smart Sand Inc. is committed to sustainable, economical and environmentally-responsible mining and processing of frac sand (proppant) used in unconventional oil and gas exploration. We have an opening for a Plant Manager in our new, modern Tomah (Oakdale), Wisconsin plant.
This key position reports to the Vice President of Operations. All supervisors for the facility will report to this individual and it is expected that the Plant Manager will be responsible for a total staff of 60 to 80 workers.
It is expected that this individual will be on call regularly in addition to the regular work schedule. It is very important that the Plant Manager have exceptional people skills as this position will involve constant collaboration with others.
This position will be demanding at times and we are looking for an exceptional individual who is an all-rounder, an analytic individual and a problem solver. We require someone who has a record of effective leadership.
- Implement and enforce the facility’s safety plan and training plan. Constantly look for emerging conditions and rectify. This involves staying abreast of regulatory requirements.
- By example, maintain a professional, safe and respectful work environment for all employees.
- Report to management daily on output of the wet and dry side facility and rail shipments of products, identifying and explaining shortfalls and variances from plan. (Interfacing with computerized automation system).
- Solve operational problems in a quick, safe and efficient manner.
- Maintain staffing and training schedule. Hire staff as needed.
- With other leaders, constantly train employees in accordance with the safety plan. This includes formal work, computer-aided training and on-site “toolbox talks.”
- Maintain liaison with local citizens, government officials, subcontractors, service providers and end-clients.
- Oversee all expenses and report to management.
- Contribute expertise to business growth initiatives, including new facility planning.
- Three years experience at a similar sand mine facility. At least ten years of relevant industrial or military experience.
- Basic knowledge of materials/minerals processing and the regulatory requirements of sand mining work.
- Understanding the work environment of a highly-regulated industry.
- Knowledge of mining machinery and heavy equipment
- A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience is required. Academic work in business management or engineering a strong plus.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Computer skills.
We offer a very competitive compensation package that is commensurate with experience. Please send resume to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Employment
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- U.S. Concrete purchases a New Jersey aggregate operation388 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest372 Views
- MSHA gives out $8.4 million to 47 states for mine safety and health training334 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company301 Views
- Four contractors compete for $1.1 billion I-285/GA 400 interchange project in Atlanta292 Views