Polar appoints president of Polar Tank Trailer
Polar Corp. has appointed Jim Painter president of Polar Tank Trailer, North America’s largest manufacturer of aluminum, stainless steel, and carbon steel tank trailers.
Painter will be responsible for overall performance of the division, including three manufacturing plants, the dealer network, and several strategic initiatives related to the dramatic growth of the tank trailer industry. He will be based at Polar Tank Trailer’s headquarters in Opole, Minn., and report to Ted Fick, Polar Corp. president and CEO.
Painter was president of Quality Trailer Products, a Polar company, since 2000.
“Jim [Painter] is an accomplished senior executive whose leadership within Polar over the last 11 years has been outstanding,” said Fick. “As president of Polar Tank Trailer, his immediate focus will be on advancing our fastest-growing business unit.”
Polar Tank Trailer builds custom tank trailers for dry and liquid bulk cargoes including oil and fuel, food products, asphalt, chemicals, and corrosives. Quality Trailer Products manufactures and distributes both original and aftermarket components for commercial trailers.
Before joining Quality Trailer Products, Painter was an officer and vice president at Simpson Industries where he was responsible for the Engine Products group, a global manufacturing operation. He also held positions of increasing management and executive responsibilities at Rockwell International, including president of the Rockwell Clutch Co. and general manager of the Specialty Axle Division.
Painter earned an M.B.A. from Xavier University and a bachelor’s degree from General Motors Institute.
From our partners
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections452 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest389 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company363 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?358 Views
- Tips for meeting MSHA's tougher criteria for workplace examinations308 Views