Police arrest two men in connection with multiple wire thefts
Two men were arrested this week in connection with wire thefts in Illinois, according to a report from MyStateline.com.
Police took Andrew Garkey and Cecil Sexton into custody Sunday night.
Officers discovered stolen farm items in the trunk of the men’s car Sunday night, and they found other stolen items from Garkey’s home on Monday.
Officers with the Boone, Ogle and Winnebago County Sheriff’s Departments and the Belvidere police have been searching for individuals who have stolen hundreds of pounds of wire and tools from quarries in those counties for the past several months.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry345 Views
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers269 Views
- Kingsteps Quarry in Scotland will be examined for the remains of World War II planes214 Views
- Holcim and Lafarge nominate candidates for merged company’s board of directors199 Views
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar: Modern Earthmoving Marvels traces equipment evolution166 Views