Police arrest two men in connection with multiple wire thefts
Two men were arrested this week in connection with wire thefts in Illinois, according to a report from MyStateline.com.
Police took Andrew Garkey and Cecil Sexton into custody Sunday night.
Officers discovered stolen farm items in the trunk of the men’s car Sunday night, and they found other stolen items from Garkey’s home on Monday.
Officers with the Boone, Ogle and Winnebago County Sheriff’s Departments and the Belvidere police have been searching for individuals who have stolen hundreds of pounds of wire and tools from quarries in those counties for the past several months.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mining industry expected to lose 53% of skilled workers by 2029308 Views
- Metal/nonmetal mining deaths rise by 27% in 2013193 Views
- Boston’s only quarry could start accepting contaminated construction fill150 Views
- Dewatering with Hydrocyclones119 Views
- Engagement is key in community relations107 Views