Police arrest two men in connection with multiple wire thefts
Two men were arrested this week in connection with wire thefts in Illinois, according to a report from MyStateline.com.
Police took Andrew Garkey and Cecil Sexton into custody Sunday night.
Officers discovered stolen farm items in the trunk of the men’s car Sunday night, and they found other stolen items from Garkey’s home on Monday.
Officers with the Boone, Ogle and Winnebago County Sheriff’s Departments and the Belvidere police have been searching for individuals who have stolen hundreds of pounds of wire and tools from quarries in those counties for the past several months.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151073 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1031 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production731 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 2015673 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success541 Views