Police catch quarry vandal
Vermont State Police have caught the man who has been cutting down trees and shrubs at Dorset Quarry. Timothy Sweetman, 43, was arrested and charged with unlawful mischief and will appear in court in September.
He was piling up the trees and shrubs in an area that was restricted due to dangerous heights. It was the second time similar vandalism was reported.
Richard McDonough owns the quarry and claims the damage done from vandalism is worth “thousands of dollars.
Although the quarry is privately owned, McDonough keeps it open to the public and plans to keep it that way unless further vandalism takes place.
“I certainly hope this (arrest) serves as a deterrent to any more vandalism,” he said.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines393 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger361 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks356 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)339 Views
- Lafarge, Holcim announce job cuts ahead of merger221 Views