Police catch quarry vandal
Vermont State Police have caught the man who has been cutting down trees and shrubs at Dorset Quarry. Timothy Sweetman, 43, was arrested and charged with unlawful mischief and will appear in court in September.
He was piling up the trees and shrubs in an area that was restricted due to dangerous heights. It was the second time similar vandalism was reported.
Richard McDonough owns the quarry and claims the damage done from vandalism is worth “thousands of dollars.
Although the quarry is privately owned, McDonough keeps it open to the public and plans to keep it that way unless further vandalism takes place.
“I certainly hope this (arrest) serves as a deterrent to any more vandalism,” he said.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1163 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge1035 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program551 Views
- Senate DRIVE Act is a six-year transportation bill with three-year Highway Trust Fund financing guarantee289 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents232 Views