Police catch quarry vandal
Vermont State Police have caught the man who has been cutting down trees and shrubs at Dorset Quarry. Timothy Sweetman, 43, was arrested and charged with unlawful mischief and will appear in court in September.
He was piling up the trees and shrubs in an area that was restricted due to dangerous heights. It was the second time similar vandalism was reported.
Richard McDonough owns the quarry and claims the damage done from vandalism is worth “thousands of dollars.
Although the quarry is privately owned, McDonough keeps it open to the public and plans to keep it that way unless further vandalism takes place.
“I certainly hope this (arrest) serves as a deterrent to any more vandalism,” he said.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs1025 Views
- Nebraska company fined after loader operator dies in accident496 Views
- CRH continues to eye large deals to grow the Irish aggregate company469 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources382 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger313 Views