Police catch quarry vandal
Vermont State Police have caught the man who has been cutting down trees and shrubs at Dorset Quarry. Timothy Sweetman, 43, was arrested and charged with unlawful mischief and will appear in court in September.
He was piling up the trees and shrubs in an area that was restricted due to dangerous heights. It was the second time similar vandalism was reported.
Richard McDonough owns the quarry and claims the damage done from vandalism is worth “thousands of dollars.
Although the quarry is privately owned, McDonough keeps it open to the public and plans to keep it that way unless further vandalism takes place.
“I certainly hope this (arrest) serves as a deterrent to any more vandalism,” he said.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- 20-year-old killed at sand and gravel mill766 Views
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability688 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure559 Views
- Rocker Bob Seger rips Wisconsin mine plan in new song [Audio]553 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 263 Views