Police catch quarry vandal
Vermont State Police have caught the man who has been cutting down trees and shrubs at Dorset Quarry. Timothy Sweetman, 43, was arrested and charged with unlawful mischief and will appear in court in September.
He was piling up the trees and shrubs in an area that was restricted due to dangerous heights. It was the second time similar vandalism was reported.
Richard McDonough owns the quarry and claims the damage done from vandalism is worth “thousands of dollars.
Although the quarry is privately owned, McDonough keeps it open to the public and plans to keep it that way unless further vandalism takes place.
“I certainly hope this (arrest) serves as a deterrent to any more vandalism,” he said.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections460 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest389 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company333 Views
- Caterpillar closes headquarters of global mining division, moves jobs to different facility317 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?312 Views