PPI for finished goods rises in December
The Producer Price Index for finished goods rose 1.1 percent in December, reports the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
This advance followed increases of 0.8 percent in November and 0.4 in October. It also marks the sixth straight rise in finished goods prices.
At the earlier stages of processing, prices received by manufacturers of intermediate goods moved up 1.0 percent, and the crude goods index increased 4.0 percent. On an unadjusted basis, prices for finished goods advanced 4.0 percent in 2010 after climbing 4.3 percent in 2009.
Click here to see the full report.
MORE FROM Trade Show Coverage
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success630 Views
- Miner seriously injured after articulated haul truck overturned506 Views
- Aggregates industry leader Bob Bartlett dies497 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting460 Views
- LafargeHolcim is considering selling Lafarge India280 Views