PPI for finished goods rises in December
The Producer Price Index for finished goods rose 1.1 percent in December, reports the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
This advance followed increases of 0.8 percent in November and 0.4 in October. It also marks the sixth straight rise in finished goods prices.
At the earlier stages of processing, prices received by manufacturers of intermediate goods moved up 1.0 percent, and the crude goods index increased 4.0 percent. On an unadjusted basis, prices for finished goods advanced 4.0 percent in 2010 after climbing 4.3 percent in 2009.
Click here to see the full report.
MORE FROM Trade Show Coverage
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill438 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers419 Views
- Caterpillar highlights equipment and connectivity at ConExpo-Con/Agg333 Views
- McLanahan Rolls Out Four Key Products204 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award193 Views