PPI for finished goods rises in December
The Producer Price Index for finished goods rose 1.1 percent in December, reports the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
This advance followed increases of 0.8 percent in November and 0.4 in October. It also marks the sixth straight rise in finished goods prices.
At the earlier stages of processing, prices received by manufacturers of intermediate goods moved up 1.0 percent, and the crude goods index increased 4.0 percent. On an unadjusted basis, prices for finished goods advanced 4.0 percent in 2010 after climbing 4.3 percent in 2009.
Click here to see the full report.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Trade Show Coverage
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Osama bin Laden's family buys famous marble quarry1958 Views
- Vulcan in bidding war with USC814 Views
- 15 quarry trespassers arrested in Pennsylvania527 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up459 Views
- Four workers survive getting buried alive at sand and gravel plant321 Views