Pre-bauma Cat coverage: hybrid excavator 336EH will be centerpiece
I’m here in Munich at a pre-bauma series of press conferences in a windy and cold city.
Caterpillar will put on a really big show at bauma in April. The centerpiece will be the hybrid excavator 336EH.
Our readers will know something about the new machine from the work done by Editorial Director Marcia Gruver after she was present at its unveiling at Cat’s U.S. headquarters in Peoria, Ill. But at bauma, Cat will take off all the wraps, focusing on what the machine can do rather than its technology.
All the specs will be available, plus what it can do and how it works in the field. The hood comes up and show visitors can crawl over it.
Cat will also introduce the new 988K large wheel loader at bauma. It’s a complete upgrade of the H series with a Tier 4 Final engine.
Upgraded mini-excavators will also be on display, but its at the other end of the scale that Cat will turns heads – the 6020B hydraulic mining shovel will be the company’s biggest display.
At the moment, the machine is still being built here in Germany. I couldn’t confirm if it will be available in the North American market. –John Latta, Editor-in-Chief, Better Roads, reporting live from Munich, Germany.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs1056 Views
- CRH continues to eye large deals to grow the Irish aggregate company484 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources430 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger409 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register331 Views