Pre-bauma coverage: Are American equipment operators tougher than European counterparts?
This is probably something that should be debated at more length than this, but here are a few questions for you: (a) Are American equipment operators tougher than their European counterparts or (b) Do they accepted that their job means tough working conditions?
I ask only because here in Munich at the bauma pre-media days a number of OEMs have in passing made this observation: I ask how the European model is different from the American model and they tell me basically it’s the same but the Euro model is more luxurious, more comfortable, more accessorized, adaptable and more capable of being setup just perfectly for the individual operator. Now I’m not naming names. (Oh no, no way!) But is this a myth, a misinterpretation, or in fact is there something there? It’s dangerous ground, so I’m really just floating it out there. I’m afraid it feels a little like sticking you head up out of a foxhole. Interesting conversation starter though. Or a conversation ender. –John Latta, Editor-in-Chief, Better Roads, reporting live from Munich, Germany
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA issues citations to five metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in February445 Views
- Holcim shareholders threaten merger plans with Lafarge…again319 Views
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car210 Views
- Caterpillar intros 735C, 740C EJ, 745C articulated trucks with bevy of powertrain improvements (PHOTOS)204 Views
- Trinity Materials' Indian Village Plant is diggin’ Cajun style167 Views