Pre-bauma coverage: Are American equipment operators tougher than European counterparts?
This is probably something that should be debated at more length than this, but here are a few questions for you: (a) Are American equipment operators tougher than their European counterparts or (b) Do they accepted that their job means tough working conditions?
I ask only because here in Munich at the bauma pre-media days a number of OEMs have in passing made this observation: I ask how the European model is different from the American model and they tell me basically it’s the same but the Euro model is more luxurious, more comfortable, more accessorized, adaptable and more capable of being setup just perfectly for the individual operator. Now I’m not naming names. (Oh no, no way!) But is this a myth, a misinterpretation, or in fact is there something there? It’s dangerous ground, so I’m really just floating it out there. I’m afraid it feels a little like sticking you head up out of a foxhole. Interesting conversation starter though. Or a conversation ender. –John Latta, Editor-in-Chief, Better Roads, reporting live from Munich, Germany
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person541 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines393 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger393 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)346 Views
- Lafarge, Holcim announce job cuts ahead of merger241 Views