Product of the Week: Atlas Copco Green Line underground loaders
Underground truck goes electric
The Green Line, it says, is designed to help underground mines address challenges including energy efficiency, carbon emissions and environmental footprints. Underground mine trucks include the EMT35 and the EMT 50 (pictured), with respective loads of 35 and 50 tons.
Designed to be twice as fast as any diesel truck of similar size, the manufacturer touts the trucks as the “world’s most productive trucks.”
By using electricity, energy consumption is reduced by up to 70 percent. Regenerative braking returns energy to the grid meaning that about 30 percent of the energy consumed up a ramp is regenerated going back down.
Atlas Copco | atlascopco.com
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources445 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities408 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger402 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register370 Views
- Loader operator dies after sand avalanche at Massachusetts sand and gravel company359 Views