Product of the Week: Atlas Copco Green Line underground loaders
Underground truck goes electric
The Green Line, it says, is designed to help underground mines address challenges including energy efficiency, carbon emissions and environmental footprints. Underground mine trucks include the EMT35 and the EMT 50 (pictured), with respective loads of 35 and 50 tons.
Designed to be twice as fast as any diesel truck of similar size, the manufacturer touts the trucks as the “world’s most productive trucks.”
By using electricity, energy consumption is reduced by up to 70 percent. Regenerative braking returns energy to the grid meaning that about 30 percent of the energy consumed up a ramp is regenerated going back down.
Atlas Copco | atlascopco.com
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program603 Views
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana419 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas393 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents291 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials225 Views