Product of the Week: Atlas Copco Green Line underground loaders
Underground truck goes electric
The Green Line, it says, is designed to help underground mines address challenges including energy efficiency, carbon emissions and environmental footprints. Underground mine trucks include the EMT35 and the EMT 50 (pictured), with respective loads of 35 and 50 tons.
Designed to be twice as fast as any diesel truck of similar size, the manufacturer touts the trucks as the “world’s most productive trucks.”
By using electricity, energy consumption is reduced by up to 70 percent. Regenerative braking returns energy to the grid meaning that about 30 percent of the energy consumed up a ramp is regenerated going back down.
Atlas Copco | atlascopco.com
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Giant-sized Jenga579 Views
- 7 Best Practices for Operating Mobile Equipment Near Embankments334 Views
- Martin Marietta Materials elects President and CEO Ward Nye as chairman of the Board329 Views
- 110-year-old quarry demonstrates aggregate mining importance328 Views
- 9 Tips for Fall Prevention182 Views