Product of the Week: Atlas Copco Green Line underground loaders
Underground truck goes electric
The Green Line, it says, is designed to help underground mines address challenges including energy efficiency, carbon emissions and environmental footprints. Underground mine trucks include the EMT35 and the EMT 50 (pictured), with respective loads of 35 and 50 tons.
Designed to be twice as fast as any diesel truck of similar size, the manufacturer touts the trucks as the “world’s most productive trucks.”
By using electricity, energy consumption is reduced by up to 70 percent. Regenerative braking returns energy to the grid meaning that about 30 percent of the energy consumed up a ramp is regenerated going back down.
Atlas Copco | atlascopco.com
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA issues citations to five metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in February357 Views
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car208 Views
- Senate rejects amendment seeking to fund infrastructure by closing corporate tax loophole152 Views
- Wisconsin sand hauling company to lay off workers due to decreased frac sand demand128 Views
- DRIVE Act aims to support Highway Trust Fund by limiting spending to roads and bridges126 Views