Product of the week: Brigade Electronics radar obstacle detection systems
Collision avoidance for quarries
At Hillhead, Brigade Electronics highlights its line of radar obstacle detection systems.
In what seems like an upgrade to my SUV’s audio alarms, all four models of the Backsense radar system visual and audible warning when objects enter any of the five specified hazard areas. The cab display includes five LEDs corresponding to each of the various distance zones from the equipment. A warning buzzer has an adjustable sound level of 65 to 90 dB.
The manufacturer says the sensor is impervious to water, dust, and mud (in other words, it’s quarry friendly).
The system controls the radar beam pattern, so the spread of the beam can be restricted to the desired width to minimize false alerts. Detection areas up to nearly 100 feet are available.
Brigade Electronics | brigade-electronics.com
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1162 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge1055 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program579 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas310 Views
- Senate DRIVE Act is a six-year transportation bill with three-year Highway Trust Fund financing guarantee289 Views