Product of the week: Brigade Electronics radar obstacle detection systems
Collision avoidance for quarries
At Hillhead, Brigade Electronics highlights its line of radar obstacle detection systems.
In what seems like an upgrade to my SUV’s audio alarms, all four models of the Backsense radar system visual and audible warning when objects enter any of the five specified hazard areas. The cab display includes five LEDs corresponding to each of the various distance zones from the equipment. A warning buzzer has an adjustable sound level of 65 to 90 dB.
The manufacturer says the sensor is impervious to water, dust, and mud (in other words, it’s quarry friendly).
The system controls the radar beam pattern, so the spread of the beam can be restricted to the desired width to minimize false alerts. Detection areas up to nearly 100 feet are available.
Brigade Electronics | brigade-electronics.com
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 850 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life409 Views
- Martin Marietta gives thousands to charity during the holidays188 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts164 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning150 Views