Product of the week: Brigade Electronics radar obstacle detection systems
Collision avoidance for quarries
At Hillhead, Brigade Electronics highlights its line of radar obstacle detection systems.
In what seems like an upgrade to my SUV’s audio alarms, all four models of the Backsense radar system visual and audible warning when objects enter any of the five specified hazard areas. The cab display includes five LEDs corresponding to each of the various distance zones from the equipment. A warning buzzer has an adjustable sound level of 65 to 90 dB.
The manufacturer says the sensor is impervious to water, dust, and mud (in other words, it’s quarry friendly).
The system controls the radar beam pattern, so the spread of the beam can be restricted to the desired width to minimize false alerts. Detection areas up to nearly 100 feet are available.
Brigade Electronics | brigade-electronics.com
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs757 Views
- Kelly Bailey named 2015 AggMan of the Year377 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries319 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law224 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs214 Views