Product of the Week: Cat 988K loader
50 years of 988 loaders
Designed as an optimum loading tool for Cat construction and mining trucks, the 988K features redesigned loader linkage, worldwide engine configurations, drive train modifications, a redesigned cab and enhancements in safety and serviceability.
The loader is powered by the Cat C18 ACERT engine and is available as a Tier 4 Final/Stage IV version (using selective catalytic reduction to control nitrogen-oxide emissions), and as a Tier 2/Stage II version for less regulated regions. Electronic fuel control ensures optimum performance and throttle response, delivering up to 20-percent more fuel efficiency compared with the 988H.
The patented Optimized Z-bar loader linkage replaces the 988H mono-boom design and expands the unit’s versatility in small quarries and underground applications. The Cat impeller clutch torque converter uses a lock-up clutch, providing direct drive to boost fuel economy, trim cycle times and reduce heat, especially in load-and-carry applications.
Finally, the all-new operator station features the Cat Next Generation Vital Information Management System (VIMS), which provides expanded capabilities, including real-time fuel consumption and fuel efficiency data, through an interactive touch screen.
Caterpillar Inc. | cat.com
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA issues citations to five metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in February388 Views
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car201 Views
- Northern White Sand considers building a rail unloading facility in Carlsbad162 Views
- Senate rejects amendment seeking to fund infrastructure by closing corporate tax loophole134 Views
- DRIVE Act aims to support Highway Trust Fund by limiting spending to roads and bridges126 Views