Product of the Week: Cat 990K wheel loader (VIDEO)
Cat 990K wheel loader boosts payload
Cat’s new 990K wheel loader offers more power and increased payload for improved productivity and fuel efficiency.
It features a redesigned cab that delivers a sleek operator interface and quiet environment, as well as several features to promote operator and maintenance technician safety and performance.
Designed as a loading tool for the 773, 775, and 777 trucks, it has a rated payload of 17.5 tons, up from its 16.5-ton predecessor, the 990H. New Performance Series Buckets promote fast filling and full buckets; they are available in sizes ranging from 11.25 to 13 cubic yards.
The Cat C27 ACERT engine powers the unit and delivers an 11-percent increase in power compared to the earlier model. New power of 699 horsepower helps increase production without a corresponding spike in fuel consumption.
Additional fuel-saving features include ECO Mode (on-demand throttle), engine-idle shutdown system, and engine-idle kickdown/auto-resume mode.
Caterpillar | cat.com
Watch the video below to see the 990K in action at a field follow site in Ste. Genevieve, Mo.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person1048 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger392 Views
- Vulcan Materials conducts blast for the 'Mayan steps' restoration321 Views
- Man dies after nearly 100-foot fall into quarry301 Views
- Caterpillar unveils the CT680, a rugged work truck wrapped in style (PHOTOS)199 Views