Product of the Week: Cat 990K wheel loader (VIDEO)
Cat 990K wheel loader boosts payload
Cat’s new 990K wheel loader offers more power and increased payload for improved productivity and fuel efficiency.
It features a redesigned cab that delivers a sleek operator interface and quiet environment, as well as several features to promote operator and maintenance technician safety and performance.
Designed as a loading tool for the 773, 775, and 777 trucks, it has a rated payload of 17.5 tons, up from its 16.5-ton predecessor, the 990H. New Performance Series Buckets promote fast filling and full buckets; they are available in sizes ranging from 11.25 to 13 cubic yards.
The Cat C27 ACERT engine powers the unit and delivers an 11-percent increase in power compared to the earlier model. New power of 699 horsepower helps increase production without a corresponding spike in fuel consumption.
Additional fuel-saving features include ECO Mode (on-demand throttle), engine-idle shutdown system, and engine-idle kickdown/auto-resume mode.
Caterpillar | cat.com
Watch the video below to see the 990K in action at a field follow site in Ste. Genevieve, Mo.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Rock & Run 2014 was full of fun for everyone637 Views
- Mine expansion leaving MnDOT up a creek without a paddle412 Views
- OSHA cites Nebraska sand and gravel company341 Views
- 20-year-old killed at sand and gravel mill229 Views
- The Underground World Wide Web: A new use for abandoned mines147 Views