Product of the Week: Cat 990K wheel loader (VIDEO)
Cat 990K wheel loader boosts payload
Cat’s new 990K wheel loader offers more power and increased payload for improved productivity and fuel efficiency.
It features a redesigned cab that delivers a sleek operator interface and quiet environment, as well as several features to promote operator and maintenance technician safety and performance.
Designed as a loading tool for the 773, 775, and 777 trucks, it has a rated payload of 17.5 tons, up from its 16.5-ton predecessor, the 990H. New Performance Series Buckets promote fast filling and full buckets; they are available in sizes ranging from 11.25 to 13 cubic yards.
The Cat C27 ACERT engine powers the unit and delivers an 11-percent increase in power compared to the earlier model. New power of 699 horsepower helps increase production without a corresponding spike in fuel consumption.
Additional fuel-saving features include ECO Mode (on-demand throttle), engine-idle shutdown system, and engine-idle kickdown/auto-resume mode.
Caterpillar | cat.com
Watch the video below to see the 990K in action at a field follow site in Ste. Genevieve, Mo.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry606 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction492 Views
- The nation’s top 25 crushed stone producers420 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way392 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company384 Views