Product of the Week: Cat 990K wheel loader (VIDEO)
Cat 990K wheel loader boosts payload
Cat’s new 990K wheel loader offers more power and increased payload for improved productivity and fuel efficiency.
It features a redesigned cab that delivers a sleek operator interface and quiet environment, as well as several features to promote operator and maintenance technician safety and performance.
Designed as a loading tool for the 773, 775, and 777 trucks, it has a rated payload of 17.5 tons, up from its 16.5-ton predecessor, the 990H. New Performance Series Buckets promote fast filling and full buckets; they are available in sizes ranging from 11.25 to 13 cubic yards.
The Cat C27 ACERT engine powers the unit and delivers an 11-percent increase in power compared to the earlier model. New power of 699 horsepower helps increase production without a corresponding spike in fuel consumption.
Additional fuel-saving features include ECO Mode (on-demand throttle), engine-idle shutdown system, and engine-idle kickdown/auto-resume mode.
Caterpillar | cat.com
Watch the video below to see the 990K in action at a field follow site in Ste. Genevieve, Mo.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger143 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views