Propane autogas trucks on display at Work Truck Show
The Propane Education & Research Council will showcase the “lean and green” benefits of propane autogas as it displays trucks, mowers, and fuel dispensers at the 2012 Work Truck Show, North America’s largest work truck event, in Indianapolis through Thursday, March 8.
PERC is exhibiting propane autogas vehicles that it says cost less to operate while providing the same horsepower, torque, and range as their gasoline counterparts and burning cleaner than gasoline; according to the council, propane autogas vehicles emit 12 percent less carbon dioxide, 20 percent less nitrogen oxide, and up to 60 percent less carbon monoxide than gas-powered vehicles.
“Propane autogas is an ideal alternative fuel for fleet managers seeking to lower their refueling costs while also meeting their environmental goals,” says Roy Willis, president and chief executive officer of PERC. “There’s no better place than the Work Truck Show to display the cost-saving and air-quality advantages that propane autogas offers.”
PERC will display several vehicles with Roush CleanTech propane autogas systems, including a Ford E-450 cutaway box truck and a 2011 E-350 cutaway van. There will also be an Exmark commercial mower, and visitors can drive the General Motors 4500 cutaway van by CleanFuel USA in the show’s Green Truck Ride-and-Drive.
On Tuesday, March 6, PERC, CleanFuel USA, and Roush CleanTech will host the “Propane Autogas: Green, Clean, Economical” seminar to discuss product availability, refueling options, and the benefits of using domestically produced propane autogas.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA issues citations to five metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in February446 Views
- Holcim shareholders threaten merger plans with Lafarge…again320 Views
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car210 Views
- Caterpillar intros 735C, 740C EJ, 745C articulated trucks with bevy of powertrain improvements (PHOTOS)172 Views
- Senate rejects amendment seeking to fund infrastructure by closing corporate tax loophole152 Views