Proper Dredge Maintenance Yields Higher Profits
Hydraulic and water hoses breakdown with UV exposure and should be replaced before cracking or color changes are noticed. Dredge hull coatings are typically designed for a five- and 10-year service life. The dredge should be pulled from the water prior to these intervals, sand blasted, patched if necessary, and re-coated.
The four maintenance tasks described above form the basis of an equipment sustainability program. Each of these should be part of a dredge maintenance plan that is strictly followed by the user and sanctioned by the manufacturer.
William J. Wetta II, PE, is CEO at DSC Dredge , LLC. He can be reached at email@example.com.
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan shareholders reject board changes at annual meeting954 Views
- Excavators uncover ancient quarry in Jerusalem920 Views
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve477 Views
- Americans consume 3 million pounds of minerals in a lifetime234 Views
- Diesel fuel price report: May 13, 2013185 Views