Proposed quarry in Lower Milford Township earns preliminary approval
A proposed quarry in Lower Milford Township, Pa., is one step closer to becoming a reality after the township’s planning commission gave the project preliminary approval on Monday, WFMZ-TV reports.
The preliminary approval proceeds a decade of debate and legal battles, which concluded in March when the state Supreme Court refused to hear the case regarding the planning commission’s unanimous rejection of the quarry proposal.
According to WFMZ-TV, the planning board is now under two court orders to approve the plan proposed by Geryville Materials, Inc. The approval will likely be accompanied by 25 conditions that the board developed in October 2011.
Geryville’s attorney, Stephen Harris, told WFMZ-TV that the project developers must request final plan approval from the planning commission within the next year.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Famous quarry for sale668 Views
- Update: MnDOT makes decision in mine expansion241 Views
- Don't drink and drive...that includes your wheel loader!212 Views
- Eliminate the fat and increase profits through lean processing183 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: A look at who’s in and who’s out in next Congress153 Views