Push it to the Limit
Caterpillar’s 410-horsepower D9T dozer is powered by a Cat C18 engine with ACERT technology and weighs more than 110,000 pounds. Its Enhanced Auto Shift system provides operator-selectable forward and reverse speeds similar to an automatic transmission, which is said to provide increased production, fuel efficiency, and ease of operation. Cooling system refinements include a new radiator featuring an aluminum corrosion-resistant, bar-plate design. A new air-to-oil hydraulic cooler delivers lower hydraulic-oil temperatures.
LeTourneau, a division of Joy Global
LeTourneau says its Pit Bull D-950 wheel-drive dozer offers a unique alternative to standard crawler-drive dozers. The 1,050-horsepower dozer combines the functionality of the 50-series loader with a 35-cubic-yard ‘semi-u-rock’ blade. Fuel-efficient operation is made possible by an advanced electric-drive system that allows the engine to operate at a constant RPM. Hydraulic pumps compensate flow and pressure for hoist and blade operation, further reducing engine demand.
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve523 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry259 Views
- Vulcan-blocking bill dies in Alabama legislature251 Views
- Road restrictions may stop quarry construction in Kentucky221 Views
- Two suspects charged with arson in Jack’s Mountain Quarry case in Virginia128 Views