Quarry Academy focuses on improving processes
“Improving processes, instilling expertise” is the theme for Quarry Academy 2009, sponsored by Sandvik and Dyno Nobel and scheduled for Nov. 3 through 5 in Atlanta, Ga. The three-day technical course will address current best practices in unit operations with a focus on systems integration, economic sustainability, process improvement, cost reduction, and the use of practical safety as a part of daily work behavior.
Topics include improved safety, drilling, blasting, fines and boulder management, load and haul, fleet management, crushing and screening, the quarrying process, quarry management, and unit operation efficiency. Although Sandvik assembled the 10-instructor team, focus will not be on Sandvik products, but on the processes within the quarry that drive productivity and improve efficiency.
For more information, or to register for the event, go to www.quarryacademy.com.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person1042 Views
- EPA releases final Waters of the U.S. rule, aggregates industry reacts358 Views
- Vulcan Materials conducts blast for the 'Mayan steps' restoration337 Views
- Man dies after nearly 100-foot fall into quarry303 Views
- Lafarge announces rural road solution as a low-cost alternative to asphalt189 Views