Quarry Academy focuses on improving processes
“Improving processes, instilling expertise” is the theme for Quarry Academy 2009, sponsored by Sandvik and Dyno Nobel and scheduled for Nov. 3 through 5 in Atlanta, Ga. The three-day technical course will address current best practices in unit operations with a focus on systems integration, economic sustainability, process improvement, cost reduction, and the use of practical safety as a part of daily work behavior.
Topics include improved safety, drilling, blasting, fines and boulder management, load and haul, fleet management, crushing and screening, the quarrying process, quarry management, and unit operation efficiency. Although Sandvik assembled the 10-instructor team, focus will not be on Sandvik products, but on the processes within the quarry that drive productivity and improve efficiency.
For more information, or to register for the event, go to www.quarryacademy.com.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sales manager killed at sand and gravel plant1074 Views
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry585 Views
- Sand and gravel mine cited for 8th time533 Views
- Responses to Obama's State of the Union address222 Views
- Obama wants 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' no mention of gas tax hike216 Views