Quarry Academy focuses on improving processes
“Improving processes, instilling expertise” is the theme for Quarry Academy 2009, sponsored by Sandvik and Dyno Nobel and scheduled for Nov. 3 through 5 in Atlanta, Ga. The three-day technical course will address current best practices in unit operations with a focus on systems integration, economic sustainability, process improvement, cost reduction, and the use of practical safety as a part of daily work behavior.
Topics include improved safety, drilling, blasting, fines and boulder management, load and haul, fleet management, crushing and screening, the quarrying process, quarry management, and unit operation efficiency. Although Sandvik assembled the 10-instructor team, focus will not be on Sandvik products, but on the processes within the quarry that drive productivity and improve efficiency.
For more information, or to register for the event, go to www.quarryacademy.com.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Product of the Week: Cat 988K loader512 Views
- NSSGA names Michael W. Johnson as president, CEO212 Views
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Vulcan mining project in Virginia179 Views
- Rock quarry owner proposes expansion in Sitka, Alaska115 Views
- Brant City Council approves water report for Dufferin gravel pit111 Views