Quarry Academy focuses on improving processes
“Improving processes, instilling expertise” is the theme for Quarry Academy 2009, sponsored by Sandvik and Dyno Nobel and scheduled for Nov. 3 through 5 in Atlanta, Ga. The three-day technical course will address current best practices in unit operations with a focus on systems integration, economic sustainability, process improvement, cost reduction, and the use of practical safety as a part of daily work behavior.
Topics include improved safety, drilling, blasting, fines and boulder management, load and haul, fleet management, crushing and screening, the quarrying process, quarry management, and unit operation efficiency. Although Sandvik assembled the 10-instructor team, focus will not be on Sandvik products, but on the processes within the quarry that drive productivity and improve efficiency.
For more information, or to register for the event, go to www.quarryacademy.com.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill430 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers405 Views
- Caterpillar highlights equipment and connectivity at ConExpo-Con/Agg303 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award187 Views
- MSHA Assistant Secretary of Labor Main updates NSSGA on recent agency actions176 Views