Quarry Academy focuses on improving processes
“Improving processes, instilling expertise” is the theme for Quarry Academy 2009, sponsored by Sandvik and Dyno Nobel and scheduled for Nov. 3 through 5 in Atlanta, Ga. The three-day technical course will address current best practices in unit operations with a focus on systems integration, economic sustainability, process improvement, cost reduction, and the use of practical safety as a part of daily work behavior.
Topics include improved safety, drilling, blasting, fines and boulder management, load and haul, fleet management, crushing and screening, the quarrying process, quarry management, and unit operation efficiency. Although Sandvik assembled the 10-instructor team, focus will not be on Sandvik products, but on the processes within the quarry that drive productivity and improve efficiency.
For more information, or to register for the event, go to www.quarryacademy.com.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs709 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries278 Views
- Cat 6015B hydraulic shovel offers increased power, more loading capacity220 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law218 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding209 Views